Happy Birthday Heston Kjerstad

wildcard

Turns 23 today.  Roch has a nice interview with him.  He sounds like a full go for ST.   I think he begins the season at Delmarva and plays at three levels this year.  Ends the season at Bowie.   Should be an exciting player to watch during the season.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2022/02/catching-up-with-heston-kjerstad.html

I know DL Hall is kind of the reputed clubhouse leader for delta entering 2022 between floor and ceiling, but Kjerstad's track has put him somewhat into that category for me.

I imagine he and Mayo will be Delmarva teammates some in the first half of the season, and seeing who can outhit who will be interesting to watch.    Hopefully they can both climb the Torkelson scale of 2020 draftees scaring the heck out of pitchers.

2021 the Delmarva "What am I doing here, man?" outcomes were Mayo 311/416/547, Gunnar 312/369/575 and Cowser 347/476/429.

I guess Mayo could open Aberdeen, but we'll see.   Pity the poor Low-A East pitchers if he's ornery and growing as a masher.

I’ve been very encouraged by everything I’ve read about Kjerstad this offseason.   Seems to me like the health problems are behind him and he’s gotten himself into very good physical condition.   Now it’s a matter of making up for the fact that he hasn’t played in a competitive game in two years.    In the ideal world, he follows the Westburg/Henderson path and starts in Delmarva but ends up in Bowie (and hopefully with a bit more time at the latter than Henderson got).   If it turns out that he never makes it to Bowie in 2022 but has a solid year at Delmarva/Aberdeen and stays healthy all year, I can live with that, though I’d be somewhat disappointed.   He can’t help the fact that he missed so much time and is behind schedule.   

On 2/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Just Regular said:

I know DL Hall is kind of the reputed clubhouse leader for delta entering 2022 between floor and ceiling, but Kjerstad's track has put him somewhat into that category for me.

I imagine he and Mayo will be Delmarva teammates some in the first half of the season, and seeing who can outhit who will be interesting to watch.    Hopefully they can both climb the Torkelson scale of 2020 draftees scaring the heck out of pitchers.

2021 the Delmarva "What am I doing here, man?" outcomes were Mayo 311/416/547, Gunnar 312/369/575 and Cowser 347/476/429.

I guess Mayo could open Aberdeen, but we'll see.   Pity the poor Low-A East pitchers if he's ornery and growing as a masher.

Good thoughts. It might be good to have Mayo and Kjerstad push each other the way Gunnar and Westburg did last year. It might help take some pressure off as well. Hoping Kjerstad is healthy and can just relax. He’ll get there.