O's sportswriters in Sarasota

wildcard

So far it looks like these are the O's sportswriters in Sarasota for the opening of camp.

Nathan Ruiz for the Sun

Rich Dubroff of Baltimorebaseball.com

And who is not.  I see no indication that these guys are down there.  Correct me if I am wrong:

Roch, Steve Melewski, Dan Connolly, or Jon Meoli.

Anyone else?

• wildcard changed the title to O's sportswriters in Sarasota
8 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Roch has some quotes from camp on his Twitter.  From Elias, Hyde, Mancini.    I'd be a little curious where he is getting those from if he isn't there in person.

Last year he stayed in Maryland during camp and did everything via zoom.   Of course last year the reporters weren't ALLOWED contact with the players and coaches.   That is no longer the case this year.

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Roch's latest article on MASN has a byline of Sarasota.   Maybe he made it down there after all.

Yeah it's strange.  I'm used to seeing him make a bunch of cracks about waiting at the airport.......taking a flight...........worrying about what to put in his mini fridge in FL, heh.  I feel like if he was down there it would be hard for him to resist all of that other stuff.   I'm 50/50 at this point.

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

Roch has some quotes from camp on his Twitter.  From Elias, Hyde, Mancini.    I'd be a little curious where he is getting those from if he isn't there in person.

Roch said the other day that he hadn't gotten approval to go to Sarasota, so he said he was going there on his own from yesterday through this Wednesday. 

14 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Roch said the other day that he hadn't gotten approval to go to Sarasota, so he said he was going there on his own from yesterday through this Wednesday. 

Do you have a source for this?  was it a tweet?

This seems like a pretty big deal if MASN isn't paying their employees to cover spring training this year.   My respect for MASN would go down even further (and my respect for Roch would greatly increase) if we are sure this is true.

Roch is definitely there.  He is tweeting out pictures from the stadium today.