Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

If he’s not in Baltimore by the first week of May, I will say they are behind schedule.  Until then, I’m not concerned about this.

I do think Elias has a general, IDGAF attitude towards the fans and media when it comes to being transparent about these things.  He isn’t hiding govt secrets.

48 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he’s not in Baltimore by the first week of May, I will say they are behind schedule.  Until then, I’m not concerned about this.

I do think Elias has a general, IDGAF attitude towards the fans and media when it comes to being transparent about these things.  He isn’t hiding govt secrets.

0% chance this is happening.    I think most likely course of action is he is in Norfolk games next week (I think i saw a quote somewhere where Elias said he was hoping he would return to game action in April) and then Baltimore by late May.    Obviously June wouldn't shock me either though.  :(

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

0% chance this is happening.    I think most likely course of action is he is in Norfolk games next week (I think i saw a quote somewhere where Elias said he was hoping he would return to game action in April) and then Baltimore by late May.    Obviously June wouldn't shock me either though.  :(

Best case scenario would be mid-May for Adley's MLB debut, but I agree with you late May is more realistic. And late May is only if Adley starts playing in minor league games within the next week. 

With how secretive the organization has been regarding the number one prospect in baseball for all we know AR will be playing for Norfolk tomorrow or it could be another two weeks. 

21 minutes ago, Aglets said:

No way he’s in Norfolk for a month.

We only really know the Orioles.  I suspect that most teams don't make injury information very public.  I will criticize stuff I think is stupid.  Like signing Odor.  But I really think whether or not they publicly announce the status of injured players on a routine basis is unimportant and just fan board chatter stuff.  That's my only point here.  There's more important stuff to pick at than whether Rutschman plays in games this week or next week.  

Having said that, I'm as anxious as anyone to see Stowers, Rutschman, Rodriguez, Bradish and Hall on the major league team (and, really sorry to learn of Vavra's injury.  I would hope those guys prove to have an impact; some a really big impact.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

The fact that we are having this conversation shows the complete fail this organization has become when it comes to informing fans. They truly don't care if we get any information. When their computer program tells them it's time to play him, they'll play him. I mean it will probably be in a lab controlled environment where the Orioles "analytic coaches" can observe every aspect of his swing, angles and velocities of his outcomes to feed back into the computer.

Who cares about the human aspects of these players playing against true competition? Right?

For all of the Orioles hyper conservative ways of rehabbing players, they sure do not have a great history of stopping players from getting hurt. 

Inured players already this year:
Means
Rutschaman
Diaz
Vavra
Hall
Baumler

Would be interested to know if our guys get hurt at a higher rate than other organizations.  Some of that might have to do with training, it also might just be dumb luck.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree.  He has nothing to prove there.  He will only be there to get his timing back.  I think maybe week.

He was in no Spring Training games,except for intrasquad games.He has nor been in a game since March 11th. He will probably be down for two or so weeks. So figure around May 11th ,if all goes well 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yeah, I don't see that timeline happening.  Had he been playing in games already, possibly.  But we don't even know when he's going to be playing in games.

Given how conservative they are with absolutely everything, I can't see them having play games in Norfolk next week and all of a sudden being promoted to Baltimore in the first week of May.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it.  But i just don't see how that happens.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I don't see that timeline happening.  Had he been playing in games already, possibly.  But we don't even know when he's going to be playing in games.

Given how conservative they are with absolutely everything, I can't see them having play games in Norfolk next week and all of a sudden being promoted to Baltimore in the first week of May.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it.  But i just don't see how that happens.

He doesn’t need to spend time in Norfolk.  He was probably making the team out of ST.  

He goes to Norfolk just to see live pitching for 5-10 games and then comes up.  

12 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

We only really know the Orioles.  I suspect that most teams don't make injury information very public.  I will criticize stuff I think is stupid.  Like signing Odor.  But I really think whether or not they publicly announce the status of injured players on a routine basis is unimportant and just fan board chatter stuff.  That's my only point here.  There's more important stuff to pick at than whether Rutschman plays in games this week or next week.  

Having said that, I'm as anxious as anyone to see Stowers, Rutschman, Rodriguez, Bradish and Hall on the major league team (and, really sorry to learn of Vavra's injury.  I would hope those guys prove to have an impact; some a really big impact.

They are all secretive and the player can never say a word ,even if he is in the clubhouse for treatment. 

From the Washington Post on the Nationals a few years back.

Of course, the Nationals hardly ever publicly offer specific timetables for injuries; timetables create expectations, they reason, that could create second-guessing if not met. I asked Dave Martinez if six weeks was the timetable. His answer: “I have no timetable. I know that when we get him back now, we fully get him back, and that’s nice to know.”

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The fact that we are having this conversation shows the complete fail this organization has become when it comes to informing fans. They truly don't care if we get any information. When their computer program tells them it's time to play him, they'll play him. I mean it will probably be in a lab controlled environment where the Orioles "analytic coaches" can observe every aspect of his swing, angles and velocities of his outcomes to feed back into the computer.

Who cares about the human aspects of these players playing against true competition? Right?

For all of the Orioles hyper conservative ways of rehabbing players, they sure do not have a great history of stopping players from getting hurt. 

Inured players already this year:
Means
Rutschaman
Diaz
Vavra
Hall
Baumler

Kjerstad

Stowers

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No way he’s in Norfolk for a month.

What if he’s looking really rusty?   Let’s say he’s striking out 30% of the time and not making great contact.  Do you just bring him up anyway and let him work out the kinks in the majors?   Or do you wait until he’s at full throttle in AAA?

I can see arguments either way on that one.