Interesting Cuts?

Bahama O's Fan

17 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't think either of those 2 will be up until at least after the ASG.

Stowers may not see Baltimore at all this season. Why bring him up if he can't play pretty much everyday. 

I don't agree but your opinion is your opinion and you could right.  

22 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't think either of those 2 will be up until at least after the ASG.

Stowers may not see Baltimore at all this season. Why bring him up if he can't play pretty much everyday. 

I think that Elias will be looking for opportunities to trade one of the three starting outfielders.  I don't think he has a preference for which one and depends entirely on the offer.  If Mullins goes, Hays moves to center.  If Hays or Santander goes, Stowers takes over in that corner.

26 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think that Elias will be looking for opportunities to trade one of the three starting outfielders.  I don't think he has a preference for which one and depends entirely on the offer.  If Mullins goes, Hays moves to center.  If Hays or Santander goes, Stowers takes over in that corner.

I don't think any of the outfielders will be traded.  Mancini is probably traded in July.  From May to July there will either be injuries or Hyde will implement a rotation were the 4 OFers, DH and 1B get a day off a week.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't think any of the outfielders will be traded.  Mancini is probably traded in July.  From May to July there will either be injuries or Hyde will implement a rotation were the 4 OFers, DH and 1B get a day off a week.

I could see this. Enough guys get injured that you could have Stowers, Santander, Hays, and Mullins all getting their playing time. Mancini trade frees up a big DH rotation spot. Which Adley will be occupying at least once/week, I reckon. 

8 hours ago, wildcard said:

If Mancini is traded, there will be universal disappointment in the return.  Any of the three outfielders should bring more in trade.

Having said that, you could option McKenna right now, promote Stowers, and rotate outfielders, DH, and 1B and all of those players could play in 5 out of six games.

• Upvote 3

Seattle DFA'd  3B/1B   Kevin Padlo.  Former Rays farmhand.  #19 Rays prospect in 2020.   Better defensive 3B then Nevin or Bannon.  55 arm.   More power than Gutierrez.  55 power.    But not as strong an arm as Gutierrez's 65.   The 25 year old has one option left.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/mariners-acquire-stuart-fairchild-designate-kevin-padlo.html

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Seattle DFA'd  3B/1B   Kevin Padlo.  Former Rays farmhand.  #19 Rays prospect in 2020.   Better defensive 3B then Nevin or Bannon.  55 arm.   More power than Gutierrez.  55 power.    But not as strong an arm as Gutierrez's 65.   The 25 year old has one option left.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/mariners-acquire-stuart-fairchild-designate-kevin-padlo.html

What do you know about Nevin’s defense at 3b? He’s red hot. 3 more hits tonight and batting .350.

12 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

What do you know about Nevin’s defense at 3b? He’s red hot. 3 more hits tonight and batting .350.

Its one thing to be able to hit.  Its another to be able to field at 3B.   I don't think Nevin would be able to stay at 3B for the O's very long.   Nevin waits at AAA until he is an asset to the O's in the majors. IMO

4 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I would definitely give him a shot on a minor league deal!https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/khris-davis-intends-to-play-this-season.html

I would pass.  Davis is a 34 year old DH only guy who needs to show he can still hit at AAA.

O's currently have Tyler Nevin who is on his way up. Can play 1B/COF/DH and some  3B at AAA.   And right now they have no place to play him in the majors.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:00 PM, wildcard said:

Not interested….looking at his minor league stats he had one year in above .250, a few years ago he hit .265. The rest of the time his bat has been .200 to .230. He’s not going to develop. Why are you guys excited about days like this?

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Not interested….looking at his minor league stats he had one year in above .250, a few years ago he hit .265. The rest of the time his bat has been .200 to .230. He’s not going to develop. Why are you guys excited about days like this?

There is an unreasonable obsession with Tyler Nevin on this board. He couldn't crack a .700 OPS last year as a 24 year old in Norfolk. 

Lot of calls to bring him up as if he's going to be a big difference maker.  He's the fringiest of fringe prospects.  I'm not a big believer in Rylan Bannon but I rather give him a look than Nevin.   Other than last year, Bannon has a good minor league track record and he's more of a natural infielder than Nevin and performing just as well as him at the plate so far in 2022. 

• Upvote 1