Brandon Young 2022

Frobby

We were at this game as we were passing by Binghamton at just the right hour on the way home.

Young hasn't really emerged on my radar, but I did see him pitch to Francisco Alvarez twice.   Mets AA seems pretty horrible except for him (last night's Rumble Ponies starter had a 27.00 ERA, and walked the park).    Young walked him on four pitches his first time up, and hit him on the first pitch (after a Baysock had been hit) the second time up.

We left after the Mundy HR to make it home before not too much past midnight, Ortiz had a fantastic game.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Frobby changed the title to Brandon Young 2022
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Still no word on Young, who last pitched on April 22.   

When they put him on the 60-day that usually means they are not expecting him back. Maybe Melewski will get some info on him. Ashamed, I liked his stuff a bit. 

This thread is sprinkled with a few rather entertaining typos/autocorrects.  I got a good laugh.  

Lately, my phone has been really crazy with its insistence on some of these despite me telling it otherwise, sometimes funny and sometimes just aggravating as hell. 

Anyway, laughter's always good medicine 😁

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

First rehab start today in FCL.  Two hits, 0 walks, 3 strikeouts in the first.   Young was looking like a potential starting pitching prospect before he went down to injury.

2 IP. 2 hits, 0 walks. 5 K’s

Nice to see him on the way back. I liked him a bit pre injury. Looking forward to seeing what he looks like post injury.

• 2 weeks later...

After one inning of his rehab start at Aberdeen, I already like this guy more than Povich.  Big and tall with nice mechanics.   94 mph fastball with a very nice looking 86 mph changeup.   No sign of breaking stuff yet.  I missed the 1st inning when he gave up 2 hits and a run.   

Hung one curve that was pulled foul but broke off a good one after that.   Can locate his 92-94 fastball and seems to have good ride on it.   I like him.

Edited by RZNJ

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

After one inning of his rehab start at Aberdeen, I already like this guy more than Povich.  Big and tall with nice mechanics.   94 mph fastball with a very nice looking 86 mph changeup.   No sign of breaking stuff yet.  I missed the 1st inning when he gave up 2 hits and a run.

Curve is 85/86.  From angle doesn’t look like a lot of movement on curve and change.  He his 95 a couple times but is effortlessly throwing 94.  He’s got the frame for sure.  He repeats his motion well.  Looks like he is locating the FB where he wants. In, out, up, down.  

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Curve is 85/86.  From angle doesn’t look like a lot of movement on curve and change.  He his 95 a couple times but is effortlessly throwing 94.  He’s got the frame for sure.  He repeats his motion well.  Looks like he is locating the FB where he wants. In, out, up, down.  

Watching on Mila.tv, located changeup well, down.  Not much fade but enough downward movement to be effective.  Looked good to me.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Watching on Mila.tv, located changeup well, down.  Not much fade but enough downward movement to be effective.  Looked good to me.

Was hoping to see him in the 4th.  He will be done after the delay.  He shoved in the 3rd.

5ks total in 3ip.  34 of 41 pitches for strikes.  Solid outing.