The attendance thread 2022

Frobby

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s a Friday night and the club is fun to watch. 13K is not good. That’s a bad crowd. Once again nobody expected this but I figured low 20’s tonight. I’m pretty sure many on this board go to games. 

Beyond travel, as I noted above, a lot individuals/families have smaller entertainment budgets due to the current economic environment. For a holiday weekend, I'm sure that budget was allocated well-before anyone knew the Orioles would be worth watching in September. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

Beyond travel, as I noted above, a lot individuals/families have smaller entertainment budgets due to the current economic environment. For a holiday weekend, I'm sure that budget was allocated well-before anyone knew the Orioles would be worth watching in September. 

All that is true. Still would think enough fans in area for better crowd. Now I’m curious what next 3 days bring. 

5 minutes ago, deward said:

I don't think they're going to undo the damage from the tanking years overnight

Huge series vs Toronto. Ownership has to offer a ticket flash deal of some kind Tuesday and Wednesday. I don’t care if it only pushes 5 more K per game. Have to do it. Makes too much sense. Biggest series in 6 years. 

I was there. I was expecting a huge crowd but was looking at available tickets before game and it didn’t look good. Rest of the weekend looks much better. 

I put a lot of it on the ball club.  Weeknights and Friday nights the focus CAN NOT be on families.   Just can’t.  Schedules fill up way too early to be able to jump on a game cause Henderson is making his debut.  

They used to have $5 student night.   Now it’s $12???   How about a deal and facilitating things with ride share companies?  $10 off your ride with ticket purchase.  

Or how about this.  Free OF or upper deck reserve tix for most of the September games with a deposit for season tickets next year.   

Edited by scottbbfm

13 hours ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

I was there. Good atmosphere but I was in a packed section down the first base line.

Quick question. Are the seats at Camden Yards smaller than most ballparks? I’m a normal sized guy but even I feel super cramped when I’m sitting in a full section of people.

Have you been going to a lot of games in the past several years? Because having an entire section to yourself like you could in the last 2-3 years sure makes seats seem roomier!

That is all to say I have no idea the dimensions in comparison to other parks, but given Camden Yards is 30 years old I imagine the seats are probably smaller than one of the newer parks built in the last few years. I'm 6'2 and I can only sit in the end seats with any level of comfort because of leg room. 

5 hours ago, scottbbfm said:

I was there. I was expecting a huge crowd but was looking at available tickets before game and it didn’t look good. Rest of the weekend looks much better. 

I put a lot of it on the ball club.  Weeknights and Friday nights the focus CAN NOT be on families.   Just can’t.  Schedules fill up way too early to be able to jump on a game cause Henderson is making his debut.  

They used to have $5 student night.   Now it’s $12???   How about a deal and facilitating things with ride share companies?  $10 off your ride with ticket purchase.  

Or how about this.  Free OF or upper deck reserve tix for most of the September games with a deposit for season tickets next year.   

Well it's really $21.25 if you order your ticket in advance online (which most people do) since if you go through Orioles.com, there is the $3 Baltimore fee + the $6.25 ticket fee, with the 'ticket fee' the thing that agitates me the most. You're charging me for the privilege to be charged for a ticket that you're selling. It really gives me pause everytime I go to a game.

• Upvote 2