ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

In all honesty, the longet this whole thing plays out, the more likely I see the Yankees getting in on the bidding. What's another $185 Million amongst friends in NY? :rolleyes:

But what's another $200 million for an organization that just asked for another $400 million for its new stadium? If they keep acting like they can print money they're going to get a backlash eventually.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Rosenthal can't understand why the Yankees aren't bidding on Tex:

Surely, the Yankees and every other bidder understand that $160 million for eight years is merely the baseline for Teixeira — the Tigers gave Miguel Cabrera $152.3 million over eight before he was a free agent, and Teixeira rejected $140 million for eight from the Rangers in 2007.

Teixeira, 28, is three years older than Cabrera. His career OPS is nearly identical, his defense far superior. His agent, Scott Boras, says that none of his previous free-agent clients, including A-Rod, were in this much demand.

If the Yankees want to draw a line, they should draw it with paying Andy Pettitte $10 million to be their fifth starter or Mike Cameron $10 million to be their center fielder.

Not with Teixeira, for crying out loud.

I wonder if Rosenthal wears a pinstripe suit to work with red socks... :rolleyestf:

That wasn't the column I was expecting from him.

If Tex grew up rooting for the O's and still follows them (as he evidently does) then he knows that if he goes to the Nats or the Red Sox, he is going to get booed by the very fanbase he grew up in. Ouch. Tex has to know that such a thing would happen.

I think that if Tex somehow (really unlikely) signed with the Angels or pretty much any other team outside of the Yankees he wouldn't get booed. Joining the gNats or the Red Sux Lametion - he has gotta know he is going to get some serious heat from the O's fans.

Of course, we could always just make it easy on him and offer the most money.

If Tex grew up rooting for the O's and still follows them (as he evidently does) then he knows that if he goes to the Nats or the Red Sox, he is going to get booed by the very fanbase he grew up in. Ouch. Tex has to know that such a thing would happen.

I think that if Tex somehow (really unlikely) signed with the Angels or pretty much any other team outside of the Yankees he wouldn't get booed. Joining the gNats or the Red Sux Lametion - he has gotta know he is going to get some serious heat from the O's fans.

Of course, we could always just make it easy on him and offer the most money.

Well if he signs with the Sox who is going to boo him? The yard will be full of Sox fans cheering him as usual when the Sox come to town. Just saying.

Archived