MASN broadcasters on the road again!

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

They can live with the radio broadcasters who need to be more descriptive than TV callling games off monitors. 

Why? Because other than the quality of the broadcast being impacted there is no visual where you are behind on the action. 

Still a joke. It’s all about saving money. The more they try to hide that the worse they look. 

100% about saving money.  Spot on.  Agreed on your point re: radio v. TV though.  In other words, I agree with everything you said. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, good.   I guess they got shamed into it.   

Yep. I doubt very much it's because they are worried about the awful quality of the broadcasts with delays, some glitches and the announcers unable to have a real feel for the game. 

56 minutes ago, deward said:

I'm getting flashbacks to the scene in Bull Durham (I think) where the minor league radio broadcaster is getting wire updates on the road games and making up his own story and sound effects to go along with it. 

That's exactly how they should do it. Might as well go full 1970s era and before minor league baseball. Guess we know Heart is just is going to be doing penny pinching ways while broadcasting the games. Figures the Orioles can't even change their flagships without downgrading.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep. I doubt very much it's because they are worried about the awful quality of the broadcasts with delays, some glitches and the announcers unable to have a real feel for the game. 

I'm sure it wasn't fun seeing Britt and others put them on blast nationally in The Athletic. And I hope they were paranoid about another scenario where Roch is doing play-by-play for a regular season game lol. 

5 hours ago, eddie83 said:

They can live with the radio broadcasters who need to be more descriptive than TV callling games off monitors. 

Why? Because other than the quality of the broadcast being impacted there is no visual where you are behind on the action. 

Still a joke. It’s all about saving money. The more they try to hide that the worse they look. 

Even though there's no visual, the broadcasters may still be behind the crowd noise which we will be hearing.

9 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I feel sorry for this guy to have to spin it two days ago but that is his job.Did the science change in two days to let them travel again? No.

Todd Webster, a MASN spokesperson, issued a statement to my colleague Ben Strauss that said: “The global pandemic required all of us to learn new lessons in innovation, resourcefulness, and resilience. MASN is carrying forward some of those lessons.”

The lesson: How to be cheap and blame things on a global pandemic like only the O's are affected. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to mention that they said on last night's MASN broadcast that Gregg Olson will be doing the color commentary in Toronto on Sat. & Sun., and then Jim Palmer will return starting next Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to mention that they said on last night's MASN broadcast that Gregg Olson will be doing the color commentary in Toronto on Sat. & Sun., and then Jim Palmer will return starting next Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.

That’s interesting. I thought I’d read somewhere that Olson hadn’t heard anything and thought he was out.  

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s interesting. I thought I’d read somewhere that Olson hadn’t heard anything and thought he was out.  

Also, he has been undergoing prostate cancer treatment recently.   I believe radiation (but I could be wrong).

But yes, I heard them say that on the broadcast last night.   After tonight and tomorrow we are going to be Ben-less for a while as he does the SEC Baseball Tournament followed by the NCAA baseball tournament/College World Series that runs into late June.