The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

You guys sure are making it difficult to stay optimistic.

It's kinda crazy to have such dramatic emotional swings based on every single media or insider report, though. I'll be a little bit nauseated if he signs with Boston, of course -- anybody who cares about the O's would be -- but I'm not going to go get my bucket until there's something official...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It also says they do not expect anything conclusive to come out of the meeting

Well then you're just not paying attention to all the posts on OH. Didn't you hear it's all over and he signed with Boston.:D Seriously people calm down. First, of all it's just baseball. Second, it's not like losing Tex means that we're doomed. MacPhail's rebuilding effort is more important to the success of this franchise than signing one high priced FA.

Read it though...

The Sox don't expect anything "conclusive" to come out of Thursday's meeting, but that doesn't mean a deal couldn't be done in the next few days.

Which is different than

The Red Sox were hoping to close the deal Thursday night or Friday morning, Lynch said.

I wonder if this is how Boston fans felt this past weekend when Tex was in Baltimore for the Ravens game and a possible closed-door discussion with Peter Angelos.

Remember the words of Rocky Balboa: it ain't over til it's over.

Just because they're meeting doesn't mean that he's going to sign. It doesn't look good, but that doesn't mean it's a done deal.

We'll see. :)

Is not the end of the world if Tex does't come. If you leave the Orioles over this you were never a real fan!

I think it's fair to say that if you continue to go to the games, purchase merchandise, etc. you are sending a message to Angelos that this is ok. Being a fan means caring about the organization; and in turn, caring that he hasn't cared for 12 years. If he was as concerned as he was when the Nationals camed to signing free agents, developing foreign scouting, getting a spring training complex, and putting smart people in charge, we might not be enduring our 12th losing season. If someone comes on here and says, "Oh well, who cares" about Teixeira, they aren't a real fan.

Archived