The Tigers series

Just Regular

Impressive. 

There’s something broken about the team’s approach. Nobody hits with power. When the ball is hit hard, it’s almost always on the ground. This team has scored three runs or fewer in 24 of 31 games. Other than a 6-0 win during the front-end of Tuesday’s doubleheader, the Tigers have scored 15 runs in May.

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’ve not learned that lesson. We should take 2/3. 😎

I started learning this lesson when we lost the World Series to the Mets.   And it’s been reinforced ten thousand times since then.  

I will be shocked if there aren't roster move(s) before tonight's game.   We know that we have 13 position players but FOUR of them have some degree of uncertainty:

• Mountcastle has missed some games with a sore wrist
  • Urias has missed some games with abdominal soreness
  • Odor missed yesterday with a sinus issue and hasn't started vs a LHP all year 
  • Hays got his hand stepped on yesterday and stayed in the game but there is still concern

In addition, we have a good chunk of our bullpen either not available or at least iffy on being available:

• Akin 40+ pitches yesterday -- NOT available
  • Baker 30+ pitches yesterday -- NOT available
  • Bautista 24 pitches yesterday, and if he pitched tonight it would be 4 times in 5 days -- I'm going to say NOT available
  • Krehbiel 18 pitches yesterday, and if he pitched tonight it would be 4 times in 5 days -- I'm going to say PROBABLY NOT available
  • Perez 24 pitches yesterday but rested before that -- MAYBE available
  • Dillon Tate -- 14 pitches yesterday, also pitched Tuesday -- PROBABLY available

So Tate can probably go, and Logan Allen and Denyi Reyes can go.   But that's could be it depending on how Hyde feels about using Perez after he threw 24 pitches the day before.  I wonder when Jorge Lopez is coming back?

If we didn't make a roster move, it might be possible that we could field a 9 man team with no one but the backup C on the bench, and have an available bullpen of just Tate, Allen, and Reyes.   

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I will be shocked if there aren't roster move(s) before tonight's game.   We know that we have 13 position players but FOUR of them have some degree of uncertainty:

• Hays got his hand stepped on yesterday and stayed in the game but there is still concern

In addition, we have a good chunk of our bullpen either not available or at least iffy on being available:

• Bautista 24 pitches yesterday, and if he pitched tonight it would be 4 times in 5 days -- I'm going to say NOT available
  • Krehbiel 18 pitches yesterday, and if he pitched tonight it would be 4 times in 5 days -- I'm going to say PROBABLY NOT available
  • Dillon Tate -- 14 pitches yesterday, also pitched Tuesday -- PROBABLY available

So Tate can probably go, and Logan Allen and Denyi Reyes can go.   But that's could be it depending on how Hyde feels about using Perez after he threw 24 pitches the day before.  I wonder when Jorge Lopez is coming back?

If we didn't make a roster move, it might be possible that we could field a 9 man team with no one but the backup C on the bench, and have an available bullpen of just Tate, Allen, and Reyes.   

Maybe Lopez is back, maybe not.

Mountcastle, Odor and Hays all have good number vs ERod.   They may try to talk their way into the lineup.

51 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, it looks like no position player moves.   No Mountcastle, Hays, or Urias in the lineup.

Owings in left field, yippee!

And Bemboom is our bench.

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, it looks like no position player moves.   No Mountcastle, Hays, or Urias in the lineup.

Mountcastle goes on IL with the wrist.   Jorge Lopez back.

Lyles - go get some outs, boss.   Have a feeling it'd take more than the usual allotment to get him out of the game if it is a bad night.

Can any of the down Bats pitch in a pinch?   Theater of the absurd could be super-absurd if we don't even have a position player to pitch but we want one.

34 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You shouldn’t assume that those three are completely unavailable.   But this really is crazy.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You shouldn’t assume that those three are completely unavailable.   But this really is crazy.  

Mountcastle went on the IL so he is unavailable.  (But we did add Lopez to our very thin bullpen).

And the fact that Hays and Urias aren't starting vs a LHP is pretty telling, and that Odor is making his first start all season vs a LHP definitely indicates Urias is not able to play.

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Mountcastle went on the IL so he is unavailable.  (But we did add Lopez to our very thin bullpen).

And the fact that Hays and Urias aren't starting vs a LHP is pretty telling, and that Odor is making his first start all season vs a LHP definitely indicates Urias is not able to play.

He needs to go to the nbthe IL and have Martin activated for warm body

35 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hays said he had stitches and probably out for a few days.Bench?

Roch:

Austin Hays says he got stitches in his hand after yesterday’s game. Needs to give it at least 2 days before getting back to baseball activities