Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

I'd like to offer a few words of caution to the "pogo stick group". Just try and keep in mind that things can change even again, as if they haven't already changed numerous times already. Last night the report comes out that Boston's big 3 was heading to Texas to meet with Tex and you automatically assumed the worst of the situation and sure enough it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Now this new report comes out saying the Sox are out of it and couple that with a few posts from Belkast (who has still expressed caution) seem to be closing their eyes with visions of Tex in an O's uniform dancing in their head. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that alot can still happen and there will probably be many more reports out (some good, some bad) before he signs some where. Now having said that I still want the O's to get him, and this latest news could be good for the O's, but I"m not holding my breath.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking the same thing. I am 31, and I do not remember anything different.

I'm 43 and I don't either (except Opening Day in 1983 when they tried "That Magic Feeling" which was booed so forcefully that Country Boy was back for the top of the 8th.)

[/i]It's that magic feeling, the magic Orioles

It's that MAGIC feeling, the MAA-GIC OR-I-OLES!"[/i]

Ugh, I threw up my hot dog after I heard that.

Agree with Madison. C'mon guys - there are legitimate reasons to bash the Nats as an organization. You don't have to exaggerate the non-rent payments. That's what the Lerners do. If a contract isn't completely adhered to - down to the exact letter - they don't pay in full. The city was pissed, but...finish the stadium on time if it's such a big deal.

They didn't sign Aaron Crow - yet offered him more than Brian Matusz got. But the two years before they spent a ton on the draft, especially in 2007. If you don't really know what you're talking about then just say the O's are a better spot for Tex (better overall farm system, better young MLB talent etc.) and just leave it at that.

At this point, I'd be more upset if we did sign him. Spend the money elsewhere and and make sure you dont strap yourself when the young pitchers come around and want some extra change.

Tex is a stud, but not worth 25 million a year...no one is. I would be really disappointed to see the O's overpay just to make a statement.

Last night the report comes out that Boston's big 3 was heading to Texas to meet with Tex and you automatically assumed the worst of the situation and sure enough it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. Now this new report comes out saying the Sox are out of it and couple that with a few posts from Belkast (who has still expressed caution) seem to be closing their eyes with visions of Tex in an O's uniform dancing in their head.

I tried to stay away last night when all the Red Sox stuff started coming out, but when I started reading the articles from Boston, and the one from Boras that was posted on Yahoo this morning, it made it seem that this really wasn't a "closing the deal" event as everyone had thought. It seems that the Sox requested a meeting with Tex and Boras, not the other way around. The Sox wanted to present themselves in person, but it appears their offer wasn't enough and that's why it fell through. I am sure if the numbers sounded right they could have closed a deal, but it wasn't like Tex asked them to come out so they could complete it.

Basically what I am trying to say, though it appeared that a deal was going to go down, I think it was just more talking. Who knows if we are in or out, or if we are any better off than we were before...I think we need to tell the roller coaster enough!!! Just put me on the lazy river until this thing comes to a head.

I just hope that when we do sign Tex all this excitment is carried over into the season and into the ballpark. It has been depressing going to the games the last few years and seeing so many empty seats. Baltimore really needs this!!!

While Baltimore is a football town, I really believe the baseball town is just waiting to be resurrected. Teixeira and a few wins would sure do it.

I love the Ravens, and am a season ticket holder, but honestly, are OTAs really that exciting? :)

I wouldn't trust any report from a local TV news reporter that hasn't been reported elsewhere. These guys do very little investigation and mostly just pick up stuff reported elsewhere.

If this were legitimate it would be reported elsewhere at this point, IMO.

I know I just compared the situation to the Price is Right, but the more I think about it, the more this situation resembles one thing, and one thing only:

This is a 1980s teen angst John Hughes movie, and Tex is Molly Ringwald.

There he is, up on the stage at the Date Auction for the "Reach for the Stars" dance, when all of a sudden, he has the choice between four fitting suitors, all asking his hand for the prom. Looking across the room at his options he sees...

Anaheim, his ex, who desperately wants him back, and is promising him that they've "changed."

Boston, the rich kid, whose Dad (Old Man Gammons) is offering not to tear down the Community Center if Tex just says yes. They're a jerk who hurt Tex in the past, and it's pretty evident they want Tex simply because of the status it will bring them. When they find out everyone else wants him more, they get in their 'Vette and go back to their mansion in Northside.

The Nats, the skeezy new guy who resembles Booger from Revenge of the Nerds, pacing back and forth nervously in their trench coat and 3-day beard, ducking social contact. They sold their bug collection to MIT and it netted them huge cash, and their desperate enough to spend all of that.

Tex looks nervous at his options until the back doors of the gymnasium open up, REO Speedwagon's "I Can't Fight this Feeling Anymore" starts playing, everyone turns...

and in walks the Orioles, the childhood sweetheart who has finally grown into themself. They walk in, stares at the crowd, gets their checkbook out, and says "whoever is the highest bidder, I'll beat them right here, right now."

The other bidders throw their hands up as Tex runs off stage and embraces the Orioles, the disco ball spins, and the wise old african-american janitor off in the hallway smiles, knowing that sometimes, dreams do come true.

Roll Credits.

:D

Archived