Sunday, May 22: Rubber Match vs Rays

SteveA

Wow, did not expect this game to still be going on.   Spent the day visiting my mother in the nursing home.   She nodded off a couple times and I snuck a look at the score on my phone, hadn't looked in an hour until I got back to my car.   Just got back to my hotel room and got caught up.

So Mountcastle left because of dehydration?

ANd the rain came down right after Hays' big hit?

Obviously Tampa comes back to town so this game could very easily be suspended and finished before the first game then

4 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

This rain may take a while.

Indeed.

The wife and I laugh about how many times we see the stadium five miles away being hammered by weather while it's strangely sunny here.

Not today though, this looks like this could be a pretty heavy storm.

Just now, Frobby said:

Seems to me that Hays always has good at bats in important late inning RISP situations.   I love seeing him up in key moments.  

I'm not a fan of trading Hays.  Let's trade Hays and hope Cowser or Kjerstad turns into him in 2 or 3 years.  Not looking promising right now.

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

This is going to be a blowout big time 

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yeah. Is it possible we see two position players pitch? Who?

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'd say very good odds McKenna gets to pitch today.  I'm not exactly sure who on the roster has pitched before among the position players. 

3 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

We might see every dude on the bench pitch an inning today lol

Always fun to go back and read these in a game like this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Melanie Newman had Urias batting and running the bases at the same time this inning.    That honestly was a very poor half inning by her.   She made Rutschman’s hit sound like it was a routine fly out until all of a sudden she’s describing Arazorena diving to make the catch.   Then messed up by calling Odor Urias twice.   Didn’t do a good job on Arazorena’s other diving catch either.  

I’ve never been one to bash her and I thought she improved a lot last year, but she’s been bad the last two games.  

She's un-listen-able to me. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Way to go Austin!

Hi Guys--this is the first time I've signed in to a game thread this season. To be honest, I had been so shaken by the passing of ScOtt that I felt like I just couldn't come back. Especially since there had been no warning, no chance to say Thank you and wish him a sound recovery, it personally felt impossible to continue to participate in the same way.

But after the two walk-off homers and then the Rutschman call-up, it was so natural to imagine ScOtt posting "Never give up!" (with the proper avatar and emoji of course) and his excitement at the O's entering a new era with their prize prospects that I finally felt free to come back. Because it felt like he was with us again.

Then Austin knocked in those tying runs and the heavens even provided a rain delay that gave me enough time to gather my thoughts and rejoin the OH team.

Thank you ScOtt for being one of those who welcomed me almost 18 years ago and provided so many enjoyable moments of amusement, knowledge, outrage, celebration, compassion, and absolute O's fan spirit. We'll never give up!

Welcome back my OH virtual friend. Thanks for the great post.