Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I pledge now that if the Yankees somehow land Tex, Im done, Im done with baseball. Its disgusting and unfair. Im fine with swimming in the Ravens Kool-Aid for the rest of my life.

Really?

See MLB may have it's issues, but, for me, it's still about the game of baseball. Noting comes close to it, IMHO.

With all due respect, if you give up on the game because of this, then you've never really been that big of a fan. But, obviously if that's the way you feel - you gotta do what you feel.

Even if the Yankees end up with Teixeira, nothing is for certain. They still have to crawl past the Sox and Rays. The O's are on the right track and the Jays are always pesky.

It's currently very tough to be a baseball fan in the AL East if your team is not the Sox or Yanks (despite what Tampa just did), but if your team is in any of the other 5 divisions, you always know you have a chance year in and year out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if this is old news but MLBTR says

"5:15pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Angels withdrew their offer to Teixeira. He says the Angels' decision "appears more final" than Boston's "not going to be a factor" statement. Rosenthal believes the Angels offered around $160MM over eight years, but Tex wants to be on the East Coast."

And the funny thing, they have been that team in the past.

I agree. What is going on? It seems like if they stepped up and did an offer of 190 mil, the deal would be done, period. The Orioles have said they're interested for a while. And the prevailing though was that it'd take 200 mil to get him, so step up and do it. Stop sitting back and waiting, we're just going to get burned. You know he'd be interested in playing here, so just make the offer that he's looking for.

I dont know if this is old news but MLBTR says

"5:15pm: According to Ken Rosenthal, the Angels withdrew their offer to Teixeira. He says the Angels' decision "appears more final" than Boston's "not going to be a factor" statement. Rosenthal believes the Angels offered around $160MM over eight years, but Tex wants to be on the East Coast."

The Yankees won't end up with Tex because they don't want to go higher than 8/160 and Boston has already gone above that. The Nationals don't think they can win a bidding war so it doesn't seem like they'll move off of their 8/160 offer.

All the Orioles have to do is top Boston's offer, and they've got Tex...

The Yankees won't end up with Tex because they don't want to go higher than 8/160 and Boston has already gone above that. The Nationals don't think they can win a bidding war so it doesn't seem like they'll move off of their 8/160 offer.

How do you know they won't? Because they said that? Just like the Sox said they are out? Everyone is posturing at the moment. If the Yanks really did jump onto this late, it wasn't to chime in with a token offer (that's about the same as the other reported offers) and refuse to go higher. That would make no sense, right?

I think the Orioles are going to sign him. I don't think there is any way PA lets him get away now that the main team standing against us is Washington. I really don't think Boston is going to get him either. PA is going to pony up, and we're going to have the face of our franchise :clap3::clap3:

Do you think we will know if our offer were increased?

Archived