Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

And BTW, all of you can hold me to this. I deserve to be neg repped if I ever go back on my promise SHOULD we sign Teixeira.

If they do sign Tex I think it could be hard to not say anything negative about them. However, if they sign Tex and show this team can turn the corner and become a winning team so there should not be a lot of negative things to say about them.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always thought this idea that the Orioles get last chance to top the final offer is a bunch of garbage. They are in the same postion as everyone else as far as negotiating and they haven't upped their offer 1 cent' date=' and never intended to. You'd think they'd have the money they don't spend on Teixeira to use toward other free agents, but alas, it will stay in the coffers. Surprise, surprise![/quote']

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I try to block it out though. :D

I took a little time from posting after the first two threads, but...

If we stick with the idea that this weekend is going to be Teixeira's full decision weekend, then those contract offers we know of may not go up. The reality is, everyone wants to get him for cheap.

All the offers are waaaaaaaaay beyond getting him for cheap.

...they haven't upped their offer 1 cent' date=' and never intended to. [/quote']I recall Mr. MacPhail said our initial offer was flexible. Doesn't that seem to you to contradict your statement? Do you have a source that the O's initial offer is final?

I've always thought this idea that the Orioles get last chance to top the final offer is a bunch of garbage. They are in the same postion as everyone else as far as negotiating and they haven't upped their offer 1 cent' date=' and never intended to[/b']. You'd think they'd have the money they don't spend on Teixeira to use toward other free agents, but alas, it will stay in the coffers. Surprise, surprise!

I have said this. We do not have any idea if the Orioles upped their offer and/or never intended to do it. Never assume that Andy MacPhail "never" intended to up his offer. He has said there is flexibility. In my mind, I believe Andy MacPhail will up his offer when the moment is right. Like he also said, he does not believe for a second that Scott Boras is going to take the first offer.

The longer this drags out, the better I feel about our chances. He's had every opportunity to sign with the Sox, and he hasn't. I think he knows he can get more out of us, and I think he wants to be here.

In all fairness he has had the opportunity to sign with every team and has not. The Orioles should have went to 8/170 a week ago. If their offer was 7/150 then adding another year at the same rate would be 8/171.5 then Boston would have to up their offer to get him. Make the money equal and then make Teixeira decide.

Archived