Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I have an idea of what most of you will say, but I'll throw this out anyway.

I posted this in another thread.

If Boras came to you and said he'd make Teixeira to Baltimore a reality if you would agree to give Derek Lowe a deal for X years/Y dollars, would you do it?

I purposely left X and Y blank. I'd do 3/40 (which admittedly likely won't work) - how about you?

I'd do this deal. Seeing that Lowe's price has fallen due to the economy, etc... I would have to say 3/55.

I just hope that there actually is a WOW offer and that the Orioles will get the opportunity to place it on the table. Signing Tex means so much more to this organization and to this city than just grabbing a premier first baseman and I would like to think that AM and PA understand that. I really don't want to hear any "but we tried" excuses if they fail to land Tex. I'm trying to scrape together a couple thousand bucks for my season tickets and I'll be darned if I do it again next season if the Orioles fail to make a real effort here.

I think I have an idea of what most of you will say, but I'll throw this out anyway.

I posted this in another thread.

If Boras came to you and said he'd make Teixeira to Baltimore a reality if you would agree to give Derek Lowe a deal for X years/Y dollars, would you do it?

I purposely left X and Y blank. I'd do 3/40 (which admittedly likely won't work) - how about you?

If I'm Baltimore, I'm suggesting to take Lowe along with Tex. Why wait for Boras to bring it up. We need pitching, and if we could get him for a 3 years, great.

I don't see Lowe wanting to come here.

After we get Tex he might. I don't think anyone (except for posters on NY or Boston boards) believes that getting Tex signals we're going to stop there and continue to wallow in mediocrity. I'm much in favor of talking to him.

I would much rather have Oliver Perez or Ben Sheets before Lowe

Yikes I'm posting too much. But all people are posting good replies. Anyways... I'd rather have Perez and that's why the O's are talking to Perez along with other pitchers.

Last night I was listening to MLB on XM and they discussed the Tex. situation when Boston met with he and Boras. Kevin Kennedy suggested (as did someone else on this board) that maybe Tex was getting back at Boston because they originally drafted him, and that he might not want to go to Boston.

Who knows, I just thought it was funny to hear that after reading someone make the same suggestion on this board.

It was actually CJ Wilson from TEX that said that night before last and Kennedy was bringing it up last night. He said that Wilson was a minor league teammate of Mark and he was very bitter about the Red Sux thing when he was drafted, he also said if the Sux offered $150 mil and the Nats offered $151 mil, he was going to the Nats.

I don't see Lowe wanting to come here.

Why not? If we signed Teixeira and Lowe, we would have a beast of a lineup behind him. The defense would be good also. He would be our second real pitcher, but we do have a bunch of pitching talent on the way. I think I would rather pony up for a Lowe type than sign anyone else to a two or three year deal.

So, I'm watching the Ravens game, just stopped in to see if we have shown Tex our O face yet? ;)

Lucky you. I can't see the game. Stupid NFL Network. I'm considering going to a bar at half-time to watch the game. How do you think the Ravens are doing?

Archived