Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Not that it means anything but a person who claims to have a Dallas reporter source is leaving comments in that MLB article and seems to think that Boras is going to make an announcement tomorrow night on who Tex has picked. From the sounds of it, it won't be Boston because they insulted Boras with their offer.

I don't quite know what to make of that. I thought that it was reported that Boston had given a competitive offer to Boras. There offered was even posted in a recent Tex thread too and it seemed like it was towards the top of the bidder unless there are undisclosed offers, which is possible. :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading that MLB.com article again there's a few pieces of evidence:

"He wants to be on the East Coast, and his wife wants to be there. I believe the decision will be based on family and geography."

"If it's based on long term," the source said, "Teixeira will take the Nationals."

So if we at least match whatever the Nationals offer, one would think in terms of years and dollars Tex should be an Oriole...

So if we at least match whatever the Nationals offer, one would think in terms of years and dollars Tex should be an Oriole...

Yes, I think if it does come down to location and he has to choose between the Orioles and the Nationals at the same years/money I think he'd have to choose the Orioles. The Nationals just came back to DC, it's not the team Tex grew up watching and loving and the "home town" team he wanted to play for when he was younger.

Yes, I think if it does come down to location and he has to choose between the Orioles and the Nationals at the same years/money I think he'd have to choose the Orioles. The Nationals just came back to DC, it's not the team Tex grew up watching and loving and the "home town" team he wanted to play for when he was younger.

Would the O's have to match the Nats offer though? The article said they'd have to overpay to get Tex.

The Nationals, 102-game losers in 2008, have been told by Boras, according to a source, that their offer will have to outdistance the others – by how much is unclear – if they expect Teixeira to sign with them.

What ever they can save, if they don't have to match dollar for dollar with the Nats, can be put towards other FA's, development, etc.

Would the O's have to match the Nats offer though? The article said they'd have to overpay to get Tex.

What ever they can save, if they don't have to match dollar for dollar with the Nats, can be put towards other FA's, development, etc.

I would love to see what happened if it came down to Baltimore and DC with DC having the better offer to see if there really is a player in Boras' stable for whom the largest contract is not the most important thing or if Teix is a true believer in the great Scott Boras.

You know what? I'm gonna give you some rep. I haven't really devulged into the whole Tex thing but I'm just as optimistic about this as you are. You have been my voice in these threads. Stick to your guns. He will be a Baltimore Oriole. :thumbsup1:

EDIT:: Ok.. I would if I could. Apparently I have to spread it around. I don't remember giving you any recently.. Hmph..

I would love to see what happened if it came down to Baltimore and DC with DC having the better offer which to see if there really is a player in Boras' stable for whom the largest contract is not the most important thing or if Teix is a true believer in the great Scott Boras.

Yeah, I bet Boras would be gritting his teeth at the press conference.

I would love to see what happened if it came down to Baltimore and DC with DC having the better offer which to see if there really is a player in Boras' stable for whom the largest contract is not the most important thing or if Teix is a true believer in the great Scott Boras.

That's not a risk I'm willing to take. Anything short of matching the best offer is an attempt at failure.

Archived