Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Lucky you. I can't see the game. Stupid NFL Network. I'm considering going to a bar at half-time to watch the game. How do you think the Ravens are doing?

I don't want to derail the thread so I'll keep it short. Mason just went to the locker room, his shoulder is hurting again.

We haven't really been able to run the ball yet.

The O line is doing a poor job protecting Flacco.

We can't seem to stop Tashard Choice.

All in all...no so good. But its only 7-6 Boys.

If we can't get it in the end zone, we are doomed.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to derail the thread so I'll keep it short. Mason just went to the locker room, his shoulder is hurting again.

We haven't really been able to run the ball yet.

The O line is doing a poor job protecting Flacco.

We can't seem to stop Tashard Choice.

All in all...no so good. But its only 7-6 Boys.

If we can't get it in the end zone, we are doomed.

Thanks, dude. Back on topic, folks!

:eek: Don't be bustin' on Hoiles! :D

Seriously though. Hoiles was the man in his prime. Great Oriole.

I'd add rep for Hoiles love if I had any left today...

It hasn't been easy watching guys like Castilla, Shuey and Hawkins don #23. It belongs to Hoiles. But I suppose I could picture Tex in it :D

...btw, Teixeira wore #24 in Atlanta and #25 with LA.

#24 is of course the Dempster and Eric Davis as well

#25 is the great Raffy

Hmm... maybe wearing #25 might not be a bad idea ;)

Why would the offer of every other team be made available, but ours. How would that help or hurt us? Why not just make a 8/170 offer and get all of these media outlets off of our back. We clearly are not bidding against ourselves at this point.

PA will not set the market cuz Albert Belle still dont sit right. On top of that the current market just flat out leaves PAs enormous ego apoplectic. So why in the world would he bid more than "Were serious about being considered." To do so would yield the same game of chicken but at a higher price. Common sense suggests 2 possibilities:

1) PA will continue to make his anti-bad contract stand and will allow Tex to go somewhere else at a much higher price, claiming in good conscience his highest offer was more than fair (symbolism and talent be damned).

2) He and AM received word that they will be able match at the end. Again, it comes down to negotiating skill. Trust, bluff, patience, egos; PA & AM have such in spades.

Of course my optimistic gut says 2 and at a shockingly "low" price to boot. PAs ego lives another day and Teix comes home.

I'd add rep for Hoiles love if I had any left today...

It hasn't been easy watching guys like Castilla, Shuey and Hawkins don #23. It belongs to Hoiles. But I suppose I could picture Tex in it :D

...btw, Teixeira wore #24 in Atlanta and #25 with LA.

#24 is of course the Dempster and Eric Davis as well

#25 is the great Raffy

Hmm... maybe wearing #25 might not be a bad idea ;)

I thought he was #23 in Texas and for some reason I thought that was his favorite. Not sure why I'm thinking that.

I thought he was #23 in Texas and for some reason I thought that was his favorite. Not sure why I'm thinking that.

Teixeira's boyhood idol was #23 of the New York Yankees, Don Mattingly.

Hoiles is wonderful, but #23 in Baltimore will always mean Tippy Martinez to me.

Archived