Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnDCG1q4DPUZNny0WovSgTwRvLYF?slug=ge-redsoxteixeira121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is my first post but I have been watching for over a week. I thought this was good because it seems the Sux are worried about the Orioles making the largest offer.

Good. IMO, the Orioles need to make the largest offer. Tex means more to this franchise and fanbase than any other. They need to get this done or the damage may be irreparable, IMO.

I think I have an idea of what most of you will say, but I'll throw this out anyway.

I posted this in another thread.

If Boras came to you and said he'd make Teixeira to Baltimore a reality if you would agree to give Derek Lowe a deal for X years/Y dollars, would you do it?

I purposely left X and Y blank. I'd do 3/40 (which admittedly likely won't work) - how about you?

Yes, I would. In fact, if it took Lowe and Varitek, I'd still do it. :D

The 3rd and 4th round of most MLB drafts are overrated anyway. ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnDCG1q4DPUZNny0WovSgTwRvLYF?slug=ge-redsoxteixeira121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is my first post but I have been watching for over a week. I thought this was good because it seems the Sux are worried about the Orioles making the largest offer.

Damn,

How did this slip by all of you!

This is very good if true. This is what JGardner was talking about.

I'd add rep for Hoiles love if I had any left today...

It hasn't been easy watching guys like Castilla, Shuey and Hawkins don #23. It belongs to Hoiles. But I suppose I could picture Tex in it :D

...btw, Teixeira wore #24 in Atlanta and #25 with LA.

#24 is of course the Dempster and Eric Davis as well

#25 is the great Raffy

Hmm... maybe wearing #25 might not be a bad idea ;)

Haha! Just remember to hit me up after midnight when your still here drooling for Tex news. :D

Not that it means anything but a person who claims to have a Dallas reporter source is leaving comments in that MLB article and seems to think that Boras is going to make an announcement tomorrow night on who Tex has picked. From the sounds of it, it won't be Boston because they insulted Boras with their offer.

Not that it means anything but a person who claims to have a Dallas reporter source is leaving comments in that MLB article and seems to think that Boras is going to make an announcement tomorrow night on who Tex has picked. From the sounds of it, it won't be Boston because they insulted Boras with their offer.

I hope this person is correct!! I have been following this thing for so long I will be depressed even more if he goes somewhere else.

Good. IMO, the Orioles need to make the largest offer. Tex means more to this franchise and fanbase than any other. They need to get this done or the damage may be irreparable, IMO.

I've been thinking that for a while. He means more to the O's then anyone else. He would be in that Cal Ripken status of hometown hero. One we have been lacking since Cal retired. He will never measure up to Cal, no one ever will, but he instantly becomes the face of the franchise and hometown hero we've been waiting for.

The damage may indeed be irreparable if the Orioles lock themselves into a contract that consumes too high a percentage of the available payroll resources.

From the sounds of it, it won't be Boston because they insulted Boras with their offer.
And add to that Tex's early experience and dislike of Boston which I hope has lingered.

If we indeed get him, Boston fans with their sense of entitlement to him will feel insulted as well.

If we can only insult them further by buying enough tickets to our own park. Now there's a happy thought.

Archived