Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PA and AM, I've been hard on both of you a lot. However, if you sign Tex, I'll never say another negative word about either of you again.

And BTW, all of you can hold me to this. I deserve to be neg repped if I ever go back on my promise SHOULD we sign Teixeira.

I hope what Belkast reported during the Winter Meetings is true. That is, Tex has told Boras to give the O's the final chance to beat any offer.

Since it's PA that's calling the shots, I believe that bodes well for us.

Red Sox and Boras' relationship has been so strained in the past that Boras didn't give Boston the courtesy of an opportunity to top the Yank's offer for Damon.

In some respects, John Henry's public announcement could be seen as both undercutting the private leverage Boras has by keeping everyone in the dark, and calling his bluff in a way that Boras might like to make them remember by dealing Tex to us without going back to them to make a final offer.

I do hope Cashman isn't going to get pesky at the final hour however. Their offense is looking mighty vulnerable...

I hope what Belkast reported during the Winter Meetings is true. That is, Tex has told Boras to give the O's the final chance to beat any offer.

Since it's PA that's calling the shots, I believe that bodes well for us.

I've always thought this idea that the Orioles get last chance to top the final offer is a bunch of garbage. They are in the same postion as everyone else as far as negotiating and they haven't upped their offer 1 cent, and never intended to. You'd think they'd have the money they don't spend on Teixeira to use toward other free agents, but alas, it will stay in the coffers. Surprise, surprise!

Archived