Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This indicates to me that he's not getting the offer he wants from the Nats. They're the pawns in all this.

1. Boras tells the Nats they have to overpay and makes sure everyone knows it.

2. He can use the hometown angle to make it more credible. There's absolutely no other reason he would consider it.

3. Overpay is a term that is open to a lot of interpretation. 2 million could be considered overpaying and can be used to force other teams to match it.

4. He smells PA's desperation. I'm convinced Tex wants to play in Baltimore and has instructed Boras to make it happen. (PA knows this.)

5. The O's haven't budged yet even after the meeting with Boston. He's calling the Yankees so the fear of a bidding war will enter into the O's mind, forcing them to act swiftly and put an end to this madness.

This is what I've been hoping for but I'm not totally convinced this is the truth.

Let's get this clear.

The Orioles can afford that, but why should they pay that if they dont need to?

Right. It seems the Orioles are only going to pay what they need to to land him because there is no point in bidding against themselves. The only problem is that you invite more suitors by doing that.

Had they offered 10/230 he'd be an Oriole right now, but that's not the way that MacPhail and Angelos are playing this...

The upside is that there's still time to write Texeria on duck tape on put it on that Bedard jersey you had - give the gift at Christmas that keeps on giving

:eek:

More like the Tejada jerseys that are still around. Dick's Sporting Goods still has cases of them in stock.

Right. It seems the Orioles are only going to pay what they need to to land him because there is no point in bidding against themselves. The only problem is that you invite more suitors by doing that.

Had they offered 10/230 he'd be an Oriole right now, but that's not the way that MacPhail and Angelos are playing this...

Are you sure this "final offer" stuff isn't just wishful thinking? What evidence is there of that, really?

Archived