Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only have one pip. :(

In any event, I've managed to pry myself away from this Tex saga for a few days. How, do you ask?

Simple, my computer decided it wanted to crash multiple times. Thus making it impossible for me to get on the OH.

Don't you all wish your computer's could crash like mine? :D

Well I just tried to help you get to 2 pips, so maybe you can help me get to 3. :D

I decided to take a break from here too. There are more important things to worry about, but this was one hell of a ride from the start.

Please I love the humor and jokes we are cracking in this thread...

But please do not turn this convo into how many green PIPS and how much rep you have or how much you dont have.

It you post good stuff, people will reward you. I do not like people outwardly suggesting they should be repped and when they post something saying they repped someone. Keep in private.

Sorry for the little rant....

I disagree that it would be lame if they didn't go to 8/176 or whatever it takes to get him. That total is more than most of us, I believe including yourself thought should be the max given to Tex.

Yes, they know that 7/140-150 isn't getting him, but they were apparently told they'd be given a chance to beat the best offer whenever Boras and Tex decide they want to end this. So what's the hurry?

If they improve their offer to 8/170, then he ends up signing for 9/200, is that going to be better than them waiting to hear that they need to beat or match 9/200 and then saying no thanks?

Yes, I've gotten caught up in Tex mania, and would be excited if they signed him, but I'm not going to rip them if they don't give out a contract that most of us felt was too steep when we were more level headed concerning this.

At this point, none of that matters IMO.

All that matters is that the Orioles have identified Tex as their #1 target...AM has said that he would disappointed if they don't land Tex this offseason.

At this point, they basically just need to add an extra year(and the money) to the offer they have made and perhaps add another 1-2 million per season.

There is no excuse not to do this..I don't care what we were willing to do or whatever...At this point in these negotiations and to keep him from Boston, you get it done...Not doing so would be irresponsible IMO.

Can you imagine how sweet our lineup would be with Tex and Weiters, both switch hitting monsters, following each other in the lineup? Talk about a pitchers nightmare. Throw in Markakis and Roberts hitting in front of them, and Huff and Adam Jones hitting behind them, it'd be great to see.

At this point, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if they don't sign Tex, totally deflated. They have a huge need at first base, they have the resources, and the guy grew up in Maryland and was a huge O's fan. They've got to get this done.

Please I love the humor and jokes we are cracking in this thread...

But please do not turn this convo into how many green PIPS and how much rep you have or how much you dont have.

It you post good stuff, people will reward you. I do not like people outwarding suggesting they should be repped and when they post something saying they repped someone. Keep in private.

Sorry for the little rant....

Good idea, I'm just hoping this madness will be over by Christmas.

Can you imagine how sweet our lineup would be with Tex and Weiters, both switch hitting monsters, following each other in the lineup? Talk about a pitchers nightmare. Throw in Markakis and Roberts hitting in front of them, and Huff and Adam Jones hitting behind them, it'd be great to see.

At this point, I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if they don't sign Tex, totally deflated. They have a huge need at first base, they have the resources, and the guy grew up in Maryland and was a huge O's fan. They've got to get this done.

That would be pretty sweet, wouldn't it? Tex, Markakis, Jones, Weiters, Huff, B-rob... :clap3:

At this point, none of that matters IMO.

All that matters is that the Orioles have identified Tex as their #1 target...AM has said that he would disappointed if they don't land Tex this offseason.

At this point, they basically just need to add an extra year(and the money) to the offer they have made and perhaps add another 1-2 million per season.

There is no excuse not to do this..I don't care what we were willing to do or whatever...At this point in these negotiations and to keep him from Boston, you get it done...Not doing so would be irresponsible IMO.

Even more irresponsible would be to not do so and then also not offer a fully transparent and credible explanation.

dreaming of...

Roberts

Jones

Markakis

Teixeira

Wieters

that's where the dream stopped for now.

Roberts

Jones

Markakis

Tex

Weiters

Huff

Scott

Mora

Izturis

That is sweet!!!

Just a perfect post. This is reflected by my opinion. How can a pitcher not pitch around in this line-up? Dave Trembley would have tremendous options with the balance of the line-up. You have Teixiera, Wieters, Roberts, and Izturis, all switch-hitters. It just makes me :hearts:

Archived