Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point, none of that matters IMO.

All that matters is that the Orioles have identified Tex as their #1 target...AM has said that he would disappointed if they don't land Tex this offseason.

At this point, they basically just need to add an extra year(and the money) to the offer they have made and perhaps add another 1-2 million per season.

There is no excuse not to do this..I don't care what we were willing to do or whatever...At this point in these negotiations and to keep him from Boston, you get it done...Not doing so would be irresponsible IMO.

So not doing whatever it takes would be irresponsible? I'd say having the thought process of doing whatever it takes is irresponsible.

I don't see how the #1 target and disappointment of AM has any significance. You could say the same thing for the other teams involved. If all the teams share your philosophy, then the bidding would go through the roof.

And again, if they know they have the right to beat any offer at the end, it's not important to make a bigger offer now. Sure they could do it, but not a big deal.

The excuse of him costing too much compared to the teams budget is an acceptable excuse, as is giving him 9 years if that's what it comes to.

What are you talking about? Think about this in few years.

Guthrie

Arrieta

Matusz

Japanese Person

Another minor leaguer.

Thats as long as Arrieta and Matusz actually turn into solid major leaguers, there is no guarantee that any minor league player regardless of how "advanced" they seem to be or how their rated in the system will become a solid ML player.

Maybe, just maybe, the Orioles will sign Tex, Varitek, and Zaun. Three switch hitters. Then sign Lowe.

I wish I could get on board with Tek... that would really be sticking it to Boston... however I think he wants a multi-year deal and Wieters is our full-time catcher in 2010.

What are you talking about? Think about this in few years.

Guthrie

Arrieta

Matusz

Japanese Person

Another minor leaguer.

Interesting rotation when you consider the quote from Roch's latest blog:

They also signed another Boras client from that draft, pitcher Jake Arrieta, who is regarded as untouchable in any trade talks.

(That's not necessarily the case with Chris Tillman. The Orioles love him, but I'm told they'd be more willing to move him in the right deal than Arrieta.)

Coming up on noon now and surely, another round of media reports... wonder if there will be any new news today?

It'll probably be the same regurgitated crap we've been hearing for the past week... "Sox claim their out, but they're not really. Nats and O's have no business being in the bidding and dont have a shot. Tex will sign with the Sox at the end of the day"... SSDD.

Thats as long as Arrieta and Matusz actually turn into solid major leaguers, there is no guarantee that any minor league player regardless of how "advanced" they seem to be or how their rated in the system will become a solid ML player.

Nobody in the whole entire world is a guarentee. I'm just calling as I see it (besides some players I'm forgeting right now.)

At this point, none of that matters IMO.

All that matters is that the Orioles have identified Tex as their #1 target...AM has said that he would disappointed if they don't land Tex this offseason.

At this point, they basically just need to add an extra year(and the money) to the offer they have made and perhaps add another 1-2 million per season.

There is no excuse not to do this..I don't care what we were willing to do or whatever...At this point in these negotiations and to keep him from Boston, you get it done...Not doing so would be irresponsible IMO.

I agree with you in principle, but I have to think AM is convinced that won't work. He's waiting for Boras to come to him for final negotiations. He likely knows something we don't.

Archived