Toronto series roster moves: Akin, Santander out, Rico Garcia/Kyle Stowers in

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

8 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Stowers should start every game this series, no excuse for him not to. Then, as SG said in another thread, keep him up and let him play. 

The MASN video this afternoon talked about the everyday thing.    If he keeps his chin above water, I think he has a chance to start these four, but maybe not great prospects to stick around for the weekend Tampa series at home.

No word whether O Canada is his new favorite song.

1 minute ago, Yardball85 said:

As a surprising new addition to the Richie Martin fan club (didn't see this coming), I was disappointed to see he is out of the lineup.  I guess he can't play third? 

Apparently Martin has never played 3B. Not sure why he wouldn’t have got the chance the last couple years, especially if Elias is so big on positional diversity. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Apparently Martin has never played 3B. Not sure why he wouldn’t have got the chance the last couple years, especially if Elias is so big on positional diversity. 

Right.  Could he really be a downgrade to Nevin defensively? 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why do so many people think Stowers stays? 

I don't THINK he stays.  I just think that he should stay.  Hays can back up centerfield, so McKenna is not needed for that.  And Stowers is a better prospect than McKenna, he's 24, and he should get his chance to show what he can do. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yardball85 said:

I don't THINK he stays.  I just think that he should stay.  Hays can back up centerfield, so McKenna is not needed for that.  And Stowers is a better prospect than McKenna, he's 24, and he should get his chance to show what he can do. 

It’s real simple. Have to have at bats for him. So you have to be willing to bench the Big 5 one game a week to make it worthwhile. 

McKenna is not blocking Stowers. Their prospect status does not matter. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s real simple. Have to have at bats for him. So you have to be willing to bench the Big 5 one game a week to make it worthwhile. 

7 weeks to the Trade Deadline and the Mancini and/or Santander outcomes.    No reason to goof up the rhythm of pieces you are trying to showcase apart from these four days.    My guess is fun appetizer, but Friday night Stowers is with the Tides not the Orioles.    He can do the Crash Davis "I was in the majors for four days once, eh" thing for about 6 weeks, and let his brain reflect on what Messrs. Manoah, Berrios and Gausman can do in real life.

15 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

First time this year we have 6 homegrown Orioles in the batting order.

We had 6, and even 7, last year a few times.   Usually when Sisco caught, and/or Wilkerson subbed in the infield, and 5 of Mullins/Maincini/Mountcastle/Hays/McKenna/Stewart also managed to be in the order.   

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

McKenna is not blocking Stowers. Their prospect status does not matter. 

Sure, I have no problem benching one of the "Big 5" once a week.  Nothing wrong with each of them getting an off day once a week, depending on matchups, etc.  Put him in left and Hays in CF when Mullins is off.  Put him in left/right when Hays/Santander is off.  Put Santander at DH and Mancini/MC at first when the other is off.  Easy Peasy. 

• Upvote 1