Toronto series roster moves: Akin, Santander out, Rico Garcia/Kyle Stowers in

Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's time for the return of the bullpen cart. 

bullpencart.jpg

The Nats added one last year.   First one in the majors in quite some time.   It is offered to every reliever, and every one I have ever seen turns it down and walks in.   Then the cart does a full circumnavigation of the stadium on the warning track as the reliever is walking in and warming up.

Has anyone actually chosen to ride in it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The Nats added one last year.   First one in the majors in quite some time.   It is offered to every reliever, and every one I have ever seen turns it down and walks in.   Then the cart does a full circumnavigation of the stadium on the warning track as the reliever is walking in and warming up.

It does seem like a silly concept. It would be one thing if the relief pitchers were warming up outside the ballpark. Then there might be an actual need for a bullpen cart. 

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I thought it was cool in the day when they were using Datsun 200 ZX (model could be wrong) sports cars, back at good ole Memorial Stadium

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, something along those lines.  At this point, Stowers has very little left to prove in the minors and is 24 years old.  Outside of Hays(who could use the occasional day off for health reasons) and Mancini, no one is exactly playing at a high level.

So, get him up here and see what he can do.  Isn't that what this season is supposed to be about?

Need to get maximum value for Mancini and Santander first. That said, Santander will likely be out for this series so as long as Stowers is traveling with the team I would agree with playing him this series. Only question is whether that requires a 40 man move and would it be worth it? 

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Toronto series roster moves: Akin, Santander out, Rico Garcia/Kyle Stowers in

A bit off topic but Santander's vaccination status probably affects his trade value for whatever it’s worth. Any team that has dates in TOR will have to take that into consideration, plus the potential of having to play in TOR in the playoffs.