Zimmerman Down, Baumann Up

scbalt52

10 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Very unexpected but probably the right move. He’s not the same pitcher he was earlier. Batters are seeing him very well. 

I doubt Hall is the call up. He’s had his own struggles in Norfolk. 

Yes Hall out after 4 1/3 innings with 89 pitches. Plus this day game lineup for Syracuse wasn't exactly even a good AAA lineup. The Orioles starters are not going long so don't see Hall up till at least late July unless a boatload of injuries. 

If Hall comes up, I would think it would be better for him to work in an Akin type role.  Come in for 2 or 3 innings after the starter has faltered or just to give the bullpen a break.  I was against bringing him up until September, but now I don't see the harm.  He's not going to cost the O's a playoff spot.  Maybe the ML instruction could help him when minor league instruction does not seem to be helping. 

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Hall comes up, I would think it would be better for him to work in an Akin type role.  Come in for 2 or 3 innings after the starter has faltered or just to give the bullpen a break.  I was against bringing him up until September, but now I don't see the harm.  He's not going to cost the O's a playoff spot.  Maybe the ML instruction could help him when minor league instruction does not seem to be helping. 

Well Holt didn't really  seem to help Zimmermann and a ton of pitchers who digressed last year 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Well Holt didn't really  seem to help Zimmermann and a ton of pitchers who digressed last year 

Meh, Zimmerman was a 5th round pick who was a bit of a throw-in on the Gausman / O'Day trade. That he hasn't individually turned into a plus starter in the MLB isn't particularly egregious on Holt's part.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Zimmermann lost an n ,when they sent him down. Surprised 

Maybe he is going down to AAA to find that missing letter.

I am a little surprised but he has been bad lately. I wonder who gets his spot. Reyes and Smith pitched last night for Norfolk. Reyes is on the 40-man. 

The number of homeruns over Zimmermann's last five outings or so are crazy.  With the off day on Monday, they can skip his spot in the rotation.  I'm still hoping Hall will get the call soon.  He's got incredible stuff, just needs to be more efficient.

Hall needs to get more efficient before they bring him up.  He can't get through 5 innings - perhaps because he tries to strike everyone out.  I expect Baumann is only up in a relief role and we have 10 days or so to figure out who's next.