Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's increased their offer and Tex declined it (like he declined the Sox) then I don't blame the organization. I blame Tex

If the O's never budged from 7/150 I blame AM and PA

Sadly we may never know the answers to these questions. How much detail do you expect McPhail to go in to regarding the deal the O's put on the table?

Brian Roberts, second baseman New York Yankees, 2010

QFT... they'll give up on Cano (who will most likely be batting 9th all season long and target Brian Roberts.

In fact, 2010 might be a tad optimistic. We might be trading him to the Yankees in July.

Looks like we've got a true fan here guys.:rolleyes:

While I agree. You have to remember to fill a stadium you need those type of fans. And I think your going to see alot of empty seats this upcoming season because fans like this will refuse to pay to see this team play on top of generating any profit for Angelos.

Truly not meaning to rub salt in anyones wounds...but like I have been saying for a while now....what is Angelos's motivation to field a competitive team? He has insulated himself from losing money with this franchise.

He has the MASN contract, apparel sales and the biggest deal of all is the deal with MLB when he let the Nats move in to DC. He cares about one thing...the bottom line. He could care less if 20 people show up to a game...he still makes money in the end. Why would he spend money on big ticket players?

I'm confused by people's lack of excitement for AM coming up with a plan and sticking to it. Seriously people, he knows what he's doing. Just because he didn't sign your favorite baseball player means nothing. Markakis could easily put up a season like Tex did last season - this is not the end of the world!! Again, we are at 1.5 years into the AM regime - he estimate a 3 year overhaul. In another 1.5 years if we aren't improved and on the cusp of contending then call for the man's head,,,

Well I hate to say I told you so folks, but I predicted on this very board way back when free agency opened that the Evil Empire would get all 3 of CC, AJ, and Tex.

Bottom line - MLB needs a salary cap.

Recommendation for the Orioles: PITCHING, PITCHING, and more PITCHING!

Sadly we may never know the answers to these questions. How much detail do you expect McPhail to go in to regarding the deal the O's put on the table?

It's up to him to confess... if he remains tight lipped after the fact, I assume it's his fault.

Well after several weeks of almost non-stop OH viewing and holding out hope for a Christmas miracle, I need a break from this charade. I am going to take a much needed rest from all things baseball for a few weeks and try to keep things in a better perspective. Hopefully the FO has a clue on how to right this ship, but I am having serious doubts at this point.

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year as well.

Sorry, JTrea. I hope that you can keep your up after all this.

God bless...

While I agree. You have to remember to fill a stadium you need those type of fans. And I think your going to see alot of empty seats this upcoming season because fans like this will refuse to pay to see this team play on top of generating any profit for Angelos.

I don't disagree with this. However, I can assure that I will never be one of those "fans".

As an O's fan trapped in Redsox nation, I must say my hatred of the Sox is greater than my hatred of the Yanks, so I'm completely suicidal about this. The more I think about this, the more this really sucks for Boston. They need a big bat to replace Manny, because they are not the same without him. Tex filled that need. The only other big bat that is available is Manny and you know he's not going back to Boston. (BTW, I do like Dunn, but I don't put him in the class of Tex or Manny) The Yanks have improved immensly, while the Sox are not as good as they were a year ago. This has got to be killing Theo, Luchino and Henry. I bet they were wishing Tex signed with Wash or us, anyone but the Yankees.

So on the bright side, with Tex, we weren't winning a championship next year and there was no guarantee we would in the future. So now we can focus on rebuilding this year and hope the big 3 pitchers will be ready for 2010. And if a big name player becomes available next offseason we will have the cash to extend him with the $180 million we just saved from not signing Tex.

Archived