Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

In the end it looks like Angelos really didn't want Teixeira that badly and he certainly doesn't care about winning. We will just continue low ball every contract we put out there. Who knows, maybe someday this regime will come to an end and we'll have a team we can be proud of again. I just hope it happens before I die.

I'm not getting my hopes up.(again)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt Wieters, you are our guy now. The future of this franchise just landed even more on your shoulders. Same goes for Jake Arrieta, Brian Matusz and Chris Tillman.

We are going to either sink or swim with these guys.

We can field a decent team with those guys... but not a team that can compete in the AL East. That's why Mark Teixeira was a big deal to us. You can't just be above average in this division.

Well we have two years to convince Markakis that good things are yet to come in Baltimore. In the meantime, we should start examining who we can get for Brian Roberts and our crumbled starting rotation.

The Tex saga is finally over and there is plenty of blame to go around, but that's for another time. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and I'll see you on another thread.

Wow...I take back what I said earlier if this is true.

Unreal. The chance for us to finally make a statement to the fans of Baltimore, and Angelos, who supposedly coveted this player, didn't have his man make it happen.

This franchise truly is a joke...and if I were Markakis and Roberts, I'd be on the phone with my agents saying that an extension with this moribund franchise ain't happenin'.

Well now that the Orioles have decided to be a mid market franchise, they'd best operate like one.

Time to deal everybody who has a contract expiring before 2013, because that will be the first chance we have at competing again if we are lucky...

Bingo.

Though the dust hasn't settled yet, I like how you're already blaming AM. Perhaps Angelos shot it down...we don't know yet.

But yes, the O's are a joke of a franchise.

MM, Do you really believe that it was truely in the best interest of the Orioles to sign Mark Teixeira to a 180 million dollar contract, when our biggest concern is pitching and player development? It makes no since to me to sign him.

Funny..this is the position everyone thought AM was in.

BTW, i am going to take back some of what I said about AM...Ultimately, a lot of this falls on PA as well. I basically totally blamed MacPhail and that wasn't right on my part.

Nice to hear you say that. Because all along you have been saying that it comes down to one guy: PA. Now people can argue all they want about how high he should go to get Tex, but even if they went 10/$250, the Yankees would match and he'd go there.

1.Tex not coming to Baltimore..no surprise...last place team again with the worst pitching staff in the AL. Baltimore has not upgraded their pitching or bullpen, why the hell would he want to play here?

2. Again, I feel for those of you diehard fans who spent hours awaiting that "any minute now offer" and announcement Tex was signing with Balt. That was a complete Joke and history should show 98% of what is said on here never happens. I'm not dissapointed because I knew he wasn't coming. The O's are a joke and I bleed orange and black.

Yea, you are right...We are on the verge of Hendrickson! How could we forget. :rolleyes:

SG, would you have given Tex more than 25 million a year? I seem to remember you being against that?

I mean, what is the Orioles offered to match but Boras still said "no thanks"?

I am not defending the Orioles off the bat here, I think they should have done more, but I think knee-jerk emotions are getting the better of people. Right now we know this deal is worth upwards of 25 million dollars a year.

Also, notice how the second the Yankee's made an offer Tex snapped it up - no thought no deliberation.

Now I am not BLAMING Tex, but I think people are reacting too much on emotion here.

Wow are you people serious? this teams has 4-5 huge holes to fill and you wanted to throw 25 million at one player and cripple us even being able to solve the pitching problem. This is the best thing that could happen to them. Now the fact that MLB is a joke is a whole different issue, hwo can you call it a sport when one team just buys winning. Its a business not a sport, and the giant company keeps on chugging

When I first heard about this (about an hour ago in the car), I literally was shocked.

1. I became pissed at the Yankees. How in the name of God could they use $423 Million on 3 players in one offseason?

2. Once I found out the figures, I became pretty mad that the Orioles didn't try any harder.

3. I became less mad at the O's, and more enraged at Teixeira himself. Was it really that big of a concern to return to the hometown? Doesn't look that way.

NO matter who messed up, whether it be the O's, or whoever, this must constitute having a discussion on a salary cap in MLB. It's above rediculous.

We can field a decent team with those guys... but not a team that can compete in the AL East. That's why Mark Teixeira was a big deal to us. You can't just be above average in this division.

Of course we can field a team that can compete with those guys. However, we need to always be looking for more young talent, especially in terms of young pitching.

Archived