Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

Of course he plays for the money. I give you the worst kept secret in sports, 100% of the athletes play for the money, plain and simple. But I also believe he wanted to play for an East Coast team and a team that will be considered a World Serie contender every year. With all due respect, are the O's considered a "World Series contender?"

Like most, I'm not upset that the Yanks signed Tex, I am upset at the fact that in the nation's current economical situation, the Yankees have committed nearly $400 mill in total contracts to three players this offseason. To me, the only people that are even going to be able to afford to watch Yankees games at their new stadium are rich people. That is why I am upset. This offseason for the Yanks, they've shown they can't be fiscal responsible and that even George's sons are impulsive. And the sad thing is, even after signing CC/AJ/and Tex the Yanks are still are not the best team in the division.

Just wait until they go out and buy Manny. Then they'll want to trade two players and get good return on them and package those players up for more pitching help... after signing Derek Lowe to a massive contract.

One good thing out of all of this - We'll re-open a national discussion about a salary cap in baseball. Maybe the economic crisis excuse will get play in the court of public opinion and put enough pressure on MLBPA to accept a cap. This is baseball though - rational things rarely happen.

$423.5 million on 3 players? It's out of hand now.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing that we were not a factor at all. I doubt that Tex ever wanted to sign here, and his interest in us was strictly a way to get the price tag up for whoever signed him.

In order to get the price tag up, you actually have to up your offer. The Orioles never did that.

I can't believe, as bad as attendance became last year, as much as the Baltimore fans were pleading for Tex, they made no real effort, at all, to go and get him.

Screw the Orioles is what I say.

At least the Yankees give their fans a product to go see, night after night, all summer long.

I'm tired of spending my money and time, watching the crap that Angelos puts on the field.

Typical Yankees swoop in and sign him. Baseball is no longer fun. The top three players go to the Yankees and they just have an unlimited amount to spend. Earlier in the week they get hit with a huge luxury tax, doesn't stop them. Baseball is broke and I'm done waisting my time following a team that can't commit to winning. Thank god we have the Ravens, because the O's are a laughing stock. Just wait for the Roberts and Markakis debacle to start. They won't be able to do that right either. We blame the media, but if the news is true, and we will find out in time that AM did not up the offer or be aggressive, then why not quit and just go home. Why all this hype. How embarrassing if we find out the Nats had a better offer on the table. Sell the team and stop embarrassing us fans!!!

You are 100% on dude.

I guarantee, we won't cough up the money to keep Markakis, Jones, Weiters or any other young Superstar that we draft or trade for.

Get used to it Oriole fans. We have become a major league farm team for the King Pin teams like the Yankees, Redsox, Mets, Phillies, Dodgers, etc.\

We will be the AL east version of the Oakland A's.

I'm done waisting my money and time on them too.

Well Peter Angelos, I hope this is really what you wanted, to push away the remaining loyal fans you had left.

Baseball has become a joke, the WWE.

Much appreciated for screwing up the best chance this team has had in AGES to do the right thing by the fans. Sure, the uniform thing was a nice start but what truely matters is the product on the field. granted, Tex was not going to be able to get baters out or hit 6 run home runs when we're trailing 8-2 but he represented a nice start in finally showing the fan base the team cares about what we think. For the past few weeks this team mattered again to a lot of people who had given up on it.

Archived