Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

Even if the Mets are still interested, gotta imagine the Orioles leverage has decreased in trade negotiations since the Mets have partially fixed their issue already. 

Duquette tried this on Buck with Trumbo before Davis, but it didn't work out for him that time.

I was interested to see HOU names in some rumors for 1B/DH as Yuli Gurriel really struggling.     Forrest Whitley has astronomical ERAs, but does seem to be pitching again this summer.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Duquette tried this on Buck with Trumbo before Davis, but it didn't work out for him that time.

I was interested to see HOU names in some rumors for 1B/DH as Yuli Gurriel really struggling.     Forrest Whitley has astronomical ERAs, but does seem to be pitching again this summer.

The more time passed, the more I resented the mess Buck left us with. I don't blame Duquette.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

The more time passed, the more I resented the mess Buck left us with. I don't blame Duquette.

I think Buck, Dan and Peter were all willing to sacrifice the future for a shot at a ring in the present.  They all probably thought it was their last chance (two of them were right).

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Buck, Dan and Peter were all willing to sacrifice the future for a shot at a ring in the present.  They all probably thought it was their last chance (two of them were right).

Yes, they were, but it's Buck--and Peter's acquiescence or gullibility toward him--that I blame for being so financially negligent about it, strangling the team for years.  I doubt that Duquette was as optimistic about Davis, late Hardy, Tillman, Trumbo II, and late O'Day and willing to pay so much for them.

10 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Yes, they were, but it's Buck--and Peter's acquiescence or gullibility to him--that I blame for being so financially negligent about it, strangling the team for years.  I doubt that Duquette was as optimistic about Davis, late Hardy, Tillman, Trumbo II, and late O'Day and willing to pay so much for them.

Yea but Dan gets points for trading away prospects for stopgaps and draft picks for salary relief because he couldn't budget.  To lose draft picks for the like of Webb and Matusz is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Yes, they were, but it's Buck--and Peter's acquiescence or gullibility toward him--that I blame for being so financially negligent about it, strangling the team for years.  I doubt that Duquette was as optimistic about Davis, late Hardy, Tillman, Trumbo II, and late O'Day and willing to pay so much for them.

You have little but speculation to back you up.   And there’s plenty of blame to go around.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re just going to have to see where we are at the deadline. Is it worth more to have the Mancini return, saved $, and Stowers PT, or to try and make our best run. If we fall apart completely then Mancini and would have made no difference when our season was on the line. 

Elias will make a deal based off what we are offered not our position in a wild card race imo

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea but Dan gets points for trading away prospects for stopgaps and draft picks for salary relief because he couldn't budget.  To lose draft picks for the like of Webb and Matusz is ridiculous.

Were draft picks included in the Matusz and Webb trades to save the O's money, I forget?  If so, that is ridiculous.