Saturday afternoon July 2: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss vs Twins

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Must’ve been a lot of one-pitch hits. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR197806260.shtml

Looks like they don't have pitch count data from that era.   6 total pitching changes in the game.

I remember this game very well.   My Dad was never a baseball fan, so I never had anyone teach me how to score a baseball game.   I played Little League until i was about 10, but I don't recall ever looking at scoresheets.

So at 14 years old, I didn't know how to keep score, even though I was a huge Oriole fan.   I found a book in the library that showed me how to do it, and using a ruler and a sheet of paper, I made my own scoresheet.

And this particular game was the one I decided to try to score for the first time.  It was not on TV, so I was listening on the radio.   It was up in Toronto, but in this area there were thunderstorms so I was listening through a crackle of constant static on my radio whenever there was lightning.

And of course I chose this crazy game to be my first attempt at scoring.   My scoresheet was a total mess, Toronto had guys bat twice in an inning several times.   For many years I saved that scoresheet because it was such a confusing mess ,but at some point I lost it.

Elrod wasn't the first position player to pitch in that game.   Larry Harlow preceeded him.

• Like 1

Well, I couldn't connect to the board for a moment, so you will never see the post I tried to make saying I thought we should walk Buxton, even though putting the go ahead run on base is not considered a good thing.

Guess I was wrong!

Great job Felix!