Scott Garceau is not my cup of tea (Moderator edit)

NelsonCruuuuuz

Just now, interloper said:

100%. This is how I feel about Garceau as well, though. 

Yeah, I guess he’s a little better on radio too.  

Question, are the radio broadcasters still doing the games remotely?   I was listening to Geoff Arnold do a couple of games recently and his calls seemed both late (well after the crack of the bat) and a bit disjointed.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Question, are the radio broadcasters still doing the games remotely?   I was listening to Geoff Arnold do a couple of games recently and his calls seemed both late (well after the crack of the bat) and a bit disjointed.  

I think so? I think it was just the TV broadcasters that started traveling again. I'm not 100% sure though. 

• Tony-OH changed the title to Scott Garceau is not my cup of tea (Moderator edit)
8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes the radio crew is still in Oriole Park for road games.  The one exception was a road series I think in KC where they couldn't use Oriole Park because Paul McCartney was there, so they sent the radio announcers on the road for that one series 

On 7/16/2022 at 8:15 PM, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Strongly strongly disagree!

And I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with your disagreement. Chuck Thompson could call a better game than she can. And I mean right now!

On 8/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, Tony-OH said:

Sorry, had to change the title. Scott is too much of a quality person to have this title up there. I've sat in the press box next to him and watched games and he's smart, fun guy to do that with. 

Whether he's the right man to be a play by play guy at this junction in his career is certainly a valid conversation to have, but I just rather keep it to the issues at hand.

Based on this thread, I think we should be on the hunt for the guy for whom Garceau is their cup of tea ;)

10 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Garceau was very good today imo.  Nice rapport with the legends.  Melanie has a bad voice but tries hard.

He also said on the intro, “You know, it’s 30 years of Orioles baseball, but as we take you to break…”

I guess he meant at Camden, but c’mon Scott, don’t take away all our trophies. 

I remember Garceau doing games with Brooks.  I’m sure he loved talking with him yesterday.

I was at a bar watching the game, so I didn’t hear anything but Garceau is actually the guy I would want to hear yesterday.  He has a good knowledge of the history of the team and has been around Baltimore a long time.  Good stories and insight on that type of thing.

I like Scott but some of his calls are terrible. Odor hit a ball to the outfield and Garceau started to go into a home run call until he realized it was about 50 feet short of the right field wall.

Edited by gtman55