Poll: What’s your view of the Mancini trade?

Frobby

What’s your view of the Mancini trade  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your view of the Mancini trade?

• Don’t like it - I didn’t want to trade him
    • Don’t like it - the return wasn’t enough
    • OK with it -we needed to get what we could even if a little disappointed with the return
    • Like it - very solid return for Mancini
    • Love it - really surprised we got that much for Mancini

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/22 at 16:38

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I love the trade and just the thought process behind it.

Where I differ is the solid return vs surprise.  Maybe it’s just semantics but for me, I’m not surprised the return is solid although I never would have guessed a Johnson level prospect but the injury changes that equation.

The likelihood, like so many mid season trades for rentals, is that neither of these guys become anything.  However, I don’t feel this was a dump either.  This was a really well done trade imo (bonus points for a 3 team deal! :D ).

I also, as I said before, love how Elias separates emotion from intelligence.  It’s a tough trait to have but it’s a necessary one.

I know you get a lot of flak from some fellow posters but I see this trait in your posts and opinions as well. 
that’s probably why you like it so much. Lol

3 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

Anyone who didn't vote "Love it" needs to get their head checked. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get that return for a .750 OPS DH. 

I guess I'm one of those who needs to get their head checked. I voted "I'm okay with it" because I think it's too early to tell. I like what Elias is trying to accomplish and think both pitchers have a chance to be something special, but I don't think we'll see either one of them until 2024 at the earliest. But they'll probably go through some growing pains and struggle, going up-and-down to the minors until they're fully ready by 2026 or 2027. But, then again, neither could make the Oriole's roster, or maybe we'll trade one or both of them away... who knows... too soon to tell.

Edited by linedrive

1 hour ago, linedrive said:

I guess I'm one of those who needs to get their head checked. I voted "I'm okay with it" because I think it's too early to tell. I like what Elias is trying to accomplish and think both pitchers have a chance to be something special, but I don't think we'll see either one of them until 2024 at the earliest. But they'll probably go through some growing pains and struggle, going up-and-down to the minors until they're fully ready by 2026 or 2027. But, then again, neither could make the Oriole's roster, or maybe we'll trade one or both of them away... who knows... too soon to tell.

👍

After sleeping on this, I like this trade more than I initially did. We get to DH AR more. When not DH’ing AR more we get to give our core regular “days off” DH’ing. Also, we get a chance to see what guys like Vavra and possibly Stowers can do. 

Love Mancini but it looks like he hit a wall physically and mentally. 

Overall, I think this was a win/win deal.