Post Trade Deadline Goals

Moose Milligan

12 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah, Stowers isn't the kind of guy you need to game the service clock on.

Henderson, Rodriguez, Hall, for sure are, and there are a few guys you could make a case for, but Stowers isn't close for me

You have already gamed the service time.  You are keeping those guys down until late April 2023, when you plan on contending?  

You want to field an inferior product for 3ish weeks to start 2023?  

Overall, I think this team will continue to surprise.  Not sure we’ll be .500 or a WC but we’ve got a puncher’s chance at it (says Rougned).

I would like to see:

Bradish become the guy we hope he can be.  Minimize HR and walks.

Voth and Kremer continue doing their thing (I.e. validate this is who they are).

Mounty increase his OBP (the rest will follow).

Urias and Mateo figure out if they are good hitters or not.

Anyone else get playing time at 2B.  Vavra, Westburg, Urias…  Phillips? ;)

Who’s the next man up in the minors?  Meaning, keep stacking talent.  The pressure in the cooker is building and decisions about team build for 2023 and forward are coming.

Hall get some consistent command.  Would love to see some ML innings.

Gunnar and Cowser to keep putting up stats and on path for 2023.  I would love to see Westburg improve his OBP.

The class of 2022 knock the snot out of the ball!

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You have already gamed the service time.  You are keeping those guys down until late April 2023, when you plan on contending?  

If it lets us field a superior one for all of 2029, I think that's worth it.

Just now, ChosenOne21 said:

If it lets us field a superior one for all of 2029, I think that's worth it.

You can field that team.  You are allowed to sign players to extensions.  In a year where you are contending and playoff spots come down to a game or 2 quite often, you don’t field an inferior product.

Get them up now and let them get their feet wet.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You can field that team.  You are allowed to sign players to extensions.  In a year where you are contending and playoff spots come down to a game or 2 quite often, you don’t field an inferior product.

Get them up now and let them get their feet wet.

You certainly are allowed to sign players to extensions, but the players have to sign them, too. Also hasn't really been the Orioles MO, though I'd like to see them handing them out like Cleveland and Atlanta.

If you wanted to call them up right now and let them start getting their feet wet, I can't say I disagree, but if you wait too much longer I think the service time becomes more valuable. Ideally people we're counting on for next year should have been here in July, IMO

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yeah, I don’t think that will make sense from Elias’ point of view.  I do think it’s possible the O’s will wait until after August 23 (this year) to make some call-ups in order to preserve 2023 rookie status while still getting some 2022 major league experience.  The team is playing well right now so Elias may not feel a great sense of urgency to get players up here.   Also, this whole situation could look different in a few days.   We’ll see.