Chayce McDermott 2022

Tony-OH

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Starting huh?  Seems like most think he will be a reliever but if you think he has a chance to start, you give him the chance to show he can’t.

He's got four pitches so yeah, they'll probably keep starting him. Really no reason not too yet. 

Going back and watching some video of McDermott, it's clear he has a very nice arm. Because of his age though, I think it's time to get him moving up the chain and having him focusing on his fastball-slider combination. He's the typical fastball up, slider low and away reliever that we see now a days though he does have an inconsistent curveball and a very straight, hard change.

Now maybe the Orioles want to train him on the change that they teach and see what they have, but he's a guy that I think could move very quickly in a relief role. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Going back and watching some video of McDermott, it's clear he has a very nice arm. Because of his age though, I think it's time to get him moving up the chain and having him focusing on his fastball-slider combination. He's the typical fastball up, slider low and away reliever that we see now a days though he does have an inconsistent curveball and a very straight, hard change.

Now maybe the Orioles want to train him on the change that they teach and see what they have, but he's a guy that I think could move very quickly in a relief role. 

Thanks for taking a looking at the new toys!  And sharing your thoughts!

I was listening to a podcast that said similar things.  #2 arm in Astros org, bullpen floor, mid-rotation ceiling.  The Astros analyst seemed to like the CB development too despite not using it much in games…. Maybe there’s more potential to unleash!

• Like 1

Chance is torched in his first game for Bowie.  Gets light up for 8 runs and a grandslam.  

Only four hits against but had six walks in less than four innings.   KId caused his own trouble tonight.

Edited by Gurgi

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Chance is torched in his first game for Bowie.  Gets light up for 8 runs and a grandslam.  

Only four hits against but had six walks in less than four innings.   KId caused his own trouble tonight.

Threw 87 pitches and couldn’t get through 4 innings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
    • A good friend of mine coaches college baseball.  He’s studied and dedicated his career to understanding how humans move. Not all humans move the same way.  An incredible talent could potentially be taught to move against his body’s preference and fail.  New wave progressive coaches understand how various body types work and the nuance to teach/coach them effectively.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out how this guy is out of the majors for 7 years and somehow manages to pick up 2 MPH on his fastball, at the age of 34.  But hey, I'm not complaining.   Statcast loves him so far this year.  Statcast thought he was a little unlucky in his last stint in the majors, and unsurprisingly they think he's getting a little lucky now, but even accounting for his good luck he's still in great pitcher territory.
    • 2 "gutsy" starts in a row.  That's exactly what you want out of veterans to demonstrate to the young guys.
  • Popular Contributors