Sunday August 7th - Let’s Get This Sweep

sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Where does Norby fit into the future in Baltimore?  It seems some of these guys will need to be moved?  

I'm all for keeping Mateo around for a few years. 

Let Mateo start hitting better.....maybe hit .250 with 15-18 bombs a year and we can flip him at next years trade deadline for some real prospects and bring up one of our many SS stars in the minors.  We seem to have tons of SS that are all playing great and hitting good.

Just now, Gurgi said:

Let Mateo start hitting better.....maybe hit .250 with 15-18 bombs a year and we can flip him at next years trade deadline for some real prospects and bring up one of our many SS stars in the minors.  We seem to have tons of SS that are all playing great and hitting good.

I don't think I would trade Mateo if he hits at all.

He's an otherworldly shortshop.... if he can cut down on the K's a little bit, that's all he really needs to do. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't think I would trade Mateo if he hits at all.

He's an otherworldly shortshop.... if he can cut down on the K's a little bit, that's all he really needs to do. 

However it goes if Mateo can keep playing like he is and hits just a little better the Orioles will be in a great position.   We will have hard choices to make.  Last time I can think of the Orioles having to trade away a player because we had too many good options was Jerry Hairston Jr being traded to give total playing time to Brian Roberts.   

• Upvote 1