Tuesday, August 9 -- Orioles vs Blue Jays

SteveA

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

None of the above. Bring up Stowers and drop Phillips.

Well, I agree.   But I was responding to a complaint about the lineup, not the composition of the roster.   And I think this lineup is the best we can put out there vs a RHP with our 26 man roster as it is currently constituted.   MAYBE put Phillips in the OF, slide Vavra to 2B, Santander to DH... you gain in OF defense, lose a bit at 2B defense, and then it is a matter of whether Phillips' bat is better or worse than Rougned's.

Just now, SteveA said:

Well, I agree.   But I was responding to a complaint about the lineup, not the composition of the roster.   And I think this lineup is the best we can put out there vs a RHP with our 26 man roster as it is currently constituted.   MAYBE put Phillips in the OF, slide Vavra to 2B, Santander to DH... you gain in OF defense, lose a bit at 2B defense, and then it is a matter of whether Phillips' bat is better or worse than Rougned's.

Yeah, you're right. With what's on the ML roster, this is our best lineup.

Mountcastle needs to drop to 9th until he figures it out. Vavra needs to move up.

This is frustrating as hell.   I can see posts on the board from 3 minutes ago that apparently Vavra got a 2 out hit to score another run.   But ESPN, CBS, and MLB Gamecasts all are stuck at the Mountcastle DP.    What happened after Vavra?