MASN Rain Delays

baltfan

21 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You're talking about a network with the production values of a middle school A/V club. We're lucky MASN just don't show reruns of Heartland Poker Tour during rain delays or a a test signal. 

Jim Palmer reliving the glory days with sock puppets.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I appreciate the split screen. I would much rather have a live shot of the rain delay so I can check in periodically and not worry that I just missed an update.

Partially agree. They could do a picture In picture thing where the rain delay is much smaller and accomplish the same thing while actually allowing you to see the alternate programming. 

Edited by Fiver6565

22 hours ago, baltfan said:

Why do they have to take up half of the screen on rain delays?  It makes it hard to watch the classic games because the picture is so small. 

Couldn’t agree more.  I had to stand directly in front of TV to watch Brady’s ‘96 1st inning homer in ALCS game #1.  Makes no sense.  I don’t need to see a rainstorm in half the screen.

40 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Partially agree. They could do a picture In picture thing where the rain delay is much smaller and accomplish the same thing while actually allowing you to see the alternate programming. 

Could also show a rain delay graphic and then cut to the split screen screen every 5 minutes.  Of course that would take an intelligent human to not cut to a split screen right before a home run.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

I know you’re joking but the 2012 WC game would truly be a nice treat. 

Somehow this game was available for purchase on iTunes back in the day.  Thanks for reminding me that I have it.  Glad that I was also at that game in person.