The rookies

jdwilde1

16 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

The rookies have really carried the team the last two nights. Rutschman, Henderson, Vavra, Stowers, Bradish, and the Mountain.  Just a tremendous collections of young talent all coming up at the same time.  

And it should be just the start. They should add 3-5 each year for the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Should have been doing this for a while.

Good thing they didn’t play Odor last night!  Oh wait, they did, and he got the game winning hit.  Never mind!

I’m excited to see the rookies but I understand why Vavra and Stowers have had part time roles.   They’re not the obvious upgrades that Rutschman and Henderson are.  I do want to see more of them, though.  And I really don’t need to see Jesus Aguilar at all.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Good thing they didn’t play Odor last night!  Oh wait, they did, and he got the game winning hit.  Never mind!

I’m excited to see the rookies but I understand why Vavra and Stowers have had part time roles.   They’re not the obvious upgrades that Rutschman and Henderson are.  I do want to see more of them, though.  And I really don’t need to see Jesus Aguilar at all.  

They are/were obvious upgrades. Odor can turn a DP.  Great.  How often does he turn one that others can’t and does that make up for the 600ish OpS and sub 200 BA?

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They're not the obvious upgrades that AR and Henderson are but you also don't need to see Jesus Aguilar again?  Hmmm.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They're not the obvious upgrades that AR and Henderson are but you also don't need to see Jesus Aguilar again?  Hmmm.

I think Aguilar was brought in for completely different reasons, because Mountcastle was in a deep funk (.589 OPS in July/August).  That funk is over (.812 in Sept. and could be better except for terrible luck), and Aguilar hasn’t done anything (.452 OPS).   Hence, I don’t need to see Aguilar.  Stowers and Vavra don’t play 1B.