2022-23 free agent signings tracker

Frobby

Under 5 million, but Corey Dickerson has taken a Nationals job, trying to keep his career alive.

Its to the point in the FA Market now where Trey should be soon, or its likely tough news if he stays teamless.     I don't think the Yankees have really filled the role Benintendi vacated, and the Astros did use him some in the OF.

Dang.     It isn't that I foresee the Peak Adley Teams having trouble getting better than the Twins, but this is a setback chasing 6th in 2023, apart from the fact this would have been a dream of a deal as long as his leg holds together.     You can't acquire top talent without accepting risk, at least not once you branch out of the kiddie pool of "building through the draft", which can only get you so far.

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Dang.     It isn't that I foresee the Peak Adley Teams having trouble getting better than the Twins, but this is a setback chasing 6th in 2023, apart from the fact this would have been a dream of a deal as long as his leg holds together.     You can't acquire top talent without accepting risk, at least not once you branch out of the kiddie pool of "building through the draft", which can only get you so far.

Far be it from me to cry over a guy who just banked $200m, but the last few weeks have been a train wreck for Correa...

Just now, Frobby said:

Mixed feelings on that one.  Gibson is more reliable to stay healthy and help anchor a rotation; Cueto is the better pitcher if he’s healthy.

True, but sometimes you have to take on risk for a better upside. At this point, I would.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I would have taken Cueto on that deal over the Gibson deal.

Assuming he would have signed here for that and didn't want to live in Miami and save on taxes, maybe so, but it's close.   Not enough of a difference for me to worry about, frankly.  A lot of folks here seem to be upset about signing Gibson.  I don't get it, as I think he was a good signing.  Fills a need and wasn't an overpay.  I wanted a guy like Rodon that would be an ace for us.  Still do.  But that isn't what the Gibson signing was about.  It's separate, IMO.  Gibson's in the group of guys that were available in that price range that would give us innings and potentially be an improvement on what Lyles gave us.  Just a matter of which one to go with, IMO.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:00 PM, Just Regular said:

Dang.     It isn't that I foresee the Peak Adley Teams having trouble getting better than the Twins, but this is a setback chasing 6th in 2023, apart from the fact this would have been a dream of a deal as long as his leg holds together.

On the wild card front, the Angels, Rangers, Twins, and Jays all had strong offseasons. Too bad.