Tarik Skubal

dabirds

Apparently Skubal was available last July. The Tigers might view trading him now as selling him low (i.e., no bueno) since he's injured. If we're trading prospects, you're probably looking at something like Cowser + Urias to even get their attention. Cowser + Bradish would also be pretty close. The Tigers biggest needs seem to be 3B and OF. Also, Skubal isn't expected to be ready for the start of the season. My guess is we'll probably see him in mid to late May. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/07/tigers-open-to-trade-offers-on-tarik-skubal.html

Edited by HakunaSakata

9 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Apparently Skubal was available last July. The Tigers might view trading him now as selling him low (i.e., no bueno) since he's injured. If we're trading prospects, you're probably looking at something like Cowser + Urias to even get their attention. Cowser + Bradish would also be pretty close. The Tigers biggest needs seem to be 3B and OF. Also, Skubal isn't expected to be ready for the start of the season. My guess is we'll probably see him in mid to late May. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/07/tigers-open-to-trade-offers-on-tarik-skubal.html

I'd have to consider that if the Sig and his analysts think Skubal's 2022 season is representative of his true ability and not an outlier. 

28 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'd have to consider that if the Sig and his analysts think Skubal's 2022 season is representative of his true ability and not an outlier. 

Skubal was a big time prospect coming up for Detroit so if he is healthy he would be top of the list for me to get.  He was up to the top 20 in prospect rankings a few years back.   He had computer game numbers with strikeouts in the minors in 2019.