Orioles five year lease extension expires today.

Going Underground

52 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

John stopped the sale negotiations his mother had already started. He wants to stay in charge (majority owner) and have control of the revenue stream. The Guy is absolutely right. This from the latest lawsuit by Louis:

"The new filing depicts John Angelos as an aggrieved son who felt underappreciated and underpaid by his father. It quotes from so-called manifestoes that John Angelos wrote, including one from March 3, 2015, in which he said he’s created hundreds of millions of dollars of cash flow and wealth for the family’s companies yet his salary never exceeded $175,000 at the Orioles or $225,000 at Mid-Atlantic Sports Network, also known as MASN."

When the O's ST was still in Ft. Lauderdale and it was the worst facility in MLB, PA sent JA down to negotiate a lease extension and get the City to pay for facility improvements. He failed and PA had to step in to get an extension. The PA sent JA to the west coast to find a new ST site (Fort Meyers I believe) and he again played hard ball and failed. PA had to step in and eventually they got the deal they have now. PA put JA in charge of MASN from the beginning and JA did........????? Why do we have any faith that JA will successfully negotiate with MD Sports Authority???????     

So are you taking Lou’s allegations at face value?   I’m not saying they’re wrong, but it wouldn’t be the first time that a lawsuit made allegations that were either misleading or way overblown.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The MD Stadium Authority is offering the Orioles $600M. They exist to benefit local sports teams. 

I have no idea what t’s need to be crossed and i’s dotted. I don’t see what needs to be negotiated. I’m sure it’s something more than paperwork but at the core is the money being offered to improve the stadium. I don’t know what there is to screw up. 

I think the Ravens said they might not use all the $600 million. Also could be used for improvements in and around M &T Bank stadium. Hopefully the Orioles and Ravens will get together to work on improvements around the stadiums since they are so close to each other. Right now seem both going  their separate ways. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So are you taking Lou’s allegations at face value?   I’m not saying they’re wrong, but it wouldn’t be the first time that a lawsuit made allegations that were either misleading or way overblown.  

Nope, but the article referenced a "manifesto" with a specific date so I presume there is a hard copy to wit. I presume the figures quoted refer to written word. Other Sun articles said JA stopped the sale negotiations, apparently on 2 occasions. I have no doubt these things are being presented from Lou's perspective, but that doesn't mean they are not factual. There is too much smoke here for there not to be something burning.

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

The MD Stadium Authority is offering the Orioles $600M. They exist to benefit local sports teams. 
I have no idea what t’s need to be crossed and i’s dotted. I don’t see what needs to be negotiated. I’m sure it’s something more than paperwork but at the core is the money being offered to improve the stadium. I don’t know what there is to screw up. 

I hope you are right but I have no faith in JA not to screw it up and PA isn't going to come in and fix it this time.

3 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

I hope you are right but I have no faith in JA not to screw it up and PA isn't going to come in and fix it this time.

The Ravens are paying no rent for their new lease.  Have to pay maintenance and operations costs for the stadium. Also they think  they can have most of the upgrades done by 2024 to 2025. Have to sell bonds before they can start the improvements since the bonds are used to pay for the improvements. That could take a little time because they have to be underwritten and then rated and then have a sales date.