Spring Training TV & Radio Broadcasts

rm5678

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Great if you get Pirates TV, but who does?  Will MLB Network pick them up?

MLB TV is available for 1 month for $24.99, and if things haven't changed then there are no blackout restrictions for spring training.

MLB Network has only published their schedule through March 3rd so far. They will be showing the Feb 28th O's/Pirates game on a tape delay the next morning at 12:30am.

18 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

If I recall correctly, they don’t black out spring training games on MLB.TV. I’m not suggesting that anyone purchase it to watch spring games, but I get a free subscription with my season ticket package and recall using it to watch away games in previous years. I seem to recall you either having season tickets or being a part of a group that has them, so I thought I’d share.

Assuming they'll be picking up the two O's/Jays games from Dunedin which are not currently showing on the schedule, then I think it could be worth $24.99 to see 7 spring games that we couldn't see otherwise.

Edited by rm5678

On 2/8/2023 at 7:38 PM, rm5678 said:

Still waiting for MASN to officially release their ST broadcast schedule, but the MLB TV schedule shows some games on O's radio and one on TV. Several teams have already released their TV/radio schedules. Here's a list of every O's game I've found so far that will be broadcast on either TV or radio:

Sat 2/25 (1pm) vs Twins in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sun 2/26 (1pm) at Tigers in Lakeland (O's radio and Tigers radio)

Wed 3/1 (1pm) vs Blue Jays in Sarasota (SportsNet radio or live stream audio on sportsnet.ca)

Thur 3/2 (1pm) at Tigers in Lakeland (Tigers radio))

Fri 3/3 (6pm) vs Pirates in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sat 3/4 (1pm) vs Braves in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sun 3/5 (1pm) at Rays in St Pete (O's radio)

Mon 3/6 (1pm) vs Phillies in Sarasota (MLB.com Phillies broadcast - audio only?)

Thur 3/9 (1pm) at Phillies in Clearwater (NBC Sports Phil+)

Sat 3/11 (1pm) at Blue Jays in Dunedin (SportsNet TV and O's radio)

Sun 3/12 (1pm) vs Red Sox in Sarasota (O's radio)

Mon 3/13 (1pm) at Braves in North Port (Braves radio)

Thur 3/16 (6pm) vs Blue Jays in Sarasota (SportsNet radio or live stream audio on sportsnet.ca)

Sat 3/18 (1pm) at Red Sox in Fort Myers (MASN2 and O's radio)

Sun 3/19 (1pm) vs Pirates in Sarasota (O's radio)

Mon 3/20 (1pm) at Phillies in Clearwater (NBC Sports Phil+)

Wed 3/22 (1pm) at Blue Jays in Dunedin (SportsNet TV)

Fri 3/24 (6pm) vs Yankees in Sarasota (O's radio)

Sat 3/25 (6pm) at Pirates in Bradenton (O's radio)

Sun 3/26 (1pm) vs Phillies in Sarasota (O's radio & Phillies radio)

Odd that just one game is showing on MASN. Even last year with the shortened ST, there were 3 games on MASN.

The Blue Jays are televising all their home games and will be adding some of their road games to their TV Schedule, so hopefully those will include the 3/1 and 3/16 games in Sarasota.

The Pirates normally televise a bunch of games, and we will be playing the Pirates 6 times this spring.  Their schedule is not out yet.

Please feel free to add any more that you find.

OK rm, this info is great but a lot of it was somewhat theoretical to me when you first posted it, until yesterday when I found out that as a new Orioles' flex plan holder I get the MLBTV package for free.   So any game that is listed as being on the opponent's TV, I will be able to watch?   And any game that is list as being on the opponent's radio, I can listen to their broadcast on the MLB app?    Just wanted to make sure.

17 minutes ago, SteveA said:

OK rm, this info is great but a lot of it was somewhat theoretical to me when you first posted it, until yesterday when I found out that as a new Orioles' flex plan holder I get the MLBTV package for free.   So any game that is listed as being on the opponent's TV, I will be able to watch?   And any game that is list as being on the opponent's radio, I can listen to their broadcast on the MLB app?    Just wanted to make sure.

Yes, and yes. And no TV blackouts for spring training games.

Today’s game will be shown on MLB Network at 12:30 am.  I’m going to record it to watch selected parts tomorrow.  I figure I’ll watch Bradish pitch the first two innings, I’ll watch the O’s bat in the 1st, 5th and  6th, and I’ll watch Handley call balls and strikes while he’s catching in the bottom of the 9th.   Not much else worth watching.  

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

Today’s game will be shown on MLB Network at 12:30 am.  I’m going to record it to watch selected parts tomorrow.  I figure I’ll watch Bradish pitch the first two innings, I’ll watch the O’s bat in the 1st, 5th and  6th, and I’ll watch Handley call balls and strikes while he’s catching in the bottom of the 9th.   Not much else worth watching.  

You can listen to the game on sportsnet.ca  live .GO to listen and put in a radio station