Angelos Claims He's Not Selling

ThisIsBirdland

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

Just tweeted this might be the worst day in the history of the franchise. And there have been plenty of bad ones. 

But he could just be lying, that is what Angelos' do. 

Yeah, more of the same positive generalities without the specifics:

- O's will stay in Baltimore/lease will hopefully be done by all-star break

- Hyde/Elias here long-term, but no details

- Finances will be shared with media, but in general terms

- Ownership Group won't change in near-term, he wants family to see rebuild through

- Payroll will increase but O's are in a market tier with Tampa/Cleveland/Milwaukee

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Doesn’t bother me.  He brought Elias on board.  They seem to still be on the same page.  I think it’s good news.  I want to see the John Angelos/Mike Elias connection and plan play out.

Ok, the devil you know may be better than the devil you don't, but for me to feel this way, a lot of conditions would have to be met over the next few years:

1. Long-term lease extension

2. Total deferral to the baseball operations personnel

3. Increasing payroll to at least get back to top 10-20 range, as they were right up until the latest rebuild

4. Retaining Elias/Hyde unless the team performance warrants a change

5. Retaining key core players. I don't mind trading some late contract players for prospects, but not core players like Adley

I don't disagree with any of the conditions you list. But any angst over ownership is angst over what we can't control. I am in RZNJ's quadrant. Also, let's judge by actions not words. Hence, it's going to be an interesting season. One following/judging our team. Another seeing if Agelos's words lead to actual positive action. John surely needs some positive PR but the son has far exceeded the father

I have no problem with the direction the team is headed. So I have no problem with this.

Solid GM. Solid Farm. Reasonably smart spending. Emerging contender. Building for perpetual contention

I could quibble over a few particular moves.. but my quibbles are more with Elias than Angelos.

I love how Angelos and all the Stockholm syndrome affected fans here just gloss over the fact that MASN just doesn't exist for the financial benefit of the team (or at all), and is nary mentioned when talking about the "books" and what not. Why don't you open up THOSE books (well kinda maybe, in a very general form, you know what we can show you....)? We all know why. And it aint got a damn thing to do with a lawsuit. I mean it makes no money right? Just barely scraping by breaking even. Just a gift to the fans so they can watch the games from the wonderful Angelos family! A literal non profit according to most, who is in court right now arguing over hundreds of millions in......profit. 

5 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

I love how Angelos and all the Stockholm syndrome affected fans here just gloss over the fact that MASN just doesn't exist for the financial benefit of the team (or at all), and is nary mentioned when talking about the "books" and what not. Why don't you open up THOSE books (well kinda maybe, in a very general form, you know what we can show you....)? We all know why. And it aint got a damn thing to do with a lawsuit. I mean it makes no money right? Just barely scraping by breaking even. Just a gift to the fans so they can watch the games from the wonderful Angelos family! A literal non profit according to most, who is in court right now arguing over hundreds of millions in......profit. 

I love how people think they're entitled to tell someone else how to run their business affairs, when they have  no stake, equity, sweat, or risk involved.

• Upvote 1