Angelos Claims He's Not Selling

ThisIsBirdland

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

- Payroll will increase but O's are in a market tier with Tampa/Cleveland/Milwaukee

We’ll get to that Tampa/Cleveland tier in a few years just with arbitration on our current players and reinforcements similar to our current third tier free agents. I loathe that family. We’re like pre-liberation Britney. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

We’ll get to that Tampa/Cleveland tier in a few years just with arbitration on our current players and reinforcements similar to our current third tier free agents. I loathe that family. We’re like pre-liberation Britney. 

Saying we are in that tier tells you everything you need to know. 

Takes a special kind of stupid to want this family to continue to be associated with this team, no matter what he has allowed that his dad didn’t.

They are a cancer that needs to go.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, owknows said:

I love how people think they're entitled to tell someone else how to run their business affairs, when they have  no stake, equity, sweat, or risk involved.

You mean the “ stake, equity, sweat and risk” involved from John Angelos?  Born with a silver spoon and handed the team because of his DNA? Lol  And us taxpayers do have quite the stake involved. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Sounds like John Angelos just wrapped a media session wherein he claims he/his family won't be selling majority control anytime soon.

Looking forward to how well that's received here...

He's such a bad owner, and seems like an even worse person (perfect recent example of the MLK debacle).  Oh well. As we have all shown over the last 30 years, you can love the Orioles and despise the owner. 

41 minutes ago, owknows said:

I have no problem with the direction the team is headed. So I have no problem with this.

Solid GM. Solid Farm. Reasonably smart spending. Emerging contender. Building for perpetual contention

I could quibble over a few particular moves.. but my quibbles are more with Elias than Angelos.

Elias >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Angelos, on, well... just about every metric imaginable as a professional and a human. 

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No way we have sustained success with those jokers as the ownership group without getting really lucky.

Just awful to have them associated with the organization despite the improvements JA has been ok making infrastructure wise.

Right.  I am hoping for sustained success in spite of them. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Saying we are in that tier tells you everything you need to know. 

Takes a special kind of stupid to want this family to continue to be associated with this team, no matter what he has allowed that his dad didn’t.

They are a cancer that needs to go.

You’re a different kind of special.  LOL

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

You mean the “ stake, equity, sweat and risk” involved from John Angelos?  Born with a silver spoon and handed the team because of his DNA? Lol  And us taxpayers do have quite the stake involved. 

You think you're entitled to tell Peter Angelos who he should leave his money to?

As for tax money... you need to take that up with government.

Glad the franchise is staying. That is #1 for me and great news that it is confirmed.

Also glad to hear they want to keep Elias. Hopefully it is mutual.

Staying with the Angeloses is a bummer but if they can modestly increase payroll and let the baseball people run the team I can live with that. 

• Upvote 3