Prospects Live Top 100

Mooreisbetter27

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Cowser stuff really is crazy. 

I can understand why opinions on him differ.   His season had pros and cons and I’d say his perceived ceiling improved while his perceived floor fell.   More power potential, more hit tool risk, possible platoon risk, compared to what people thought a year ago.   Is the higher ceiling more important than the lower floor?   That’s where opinions differ, I think.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can understand why opinions on him differ.   His season had pros and cons and I’d say his perceived ceiling improved while his perceived floor fell.   More power potential, more hit tool risk, possible platoon risk, compared to what people thought a year ago.   Is the higher ceiling more important than the lower floor?   That’s where opinions differ, I think.  

Yea I get it..I guess for me, it’s more of a, is he top 50 or more in the 80-100 range?  I would probably side with the latter.

But that’s really not that much different than where they have him anyway.  Law, for example, said that he was close iirc. So if he has him at say, 107, I guess it’s too much off. There just aren’t huge differences there.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's interesting and possibly true that his floor fell but I prefer to think he still has those skills that gave him the higher floor.    Last year he obviously made some adjustments that led to more power and less consistent contact.   I don't think his floor fell as much as he went through some adjustments and probably still is going through combining his contact skills with more of a power approach.   I think in that context, Law and Longenhagen are missing the boat.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

That makes 5 outlets that have Cowser 41 or higher.    Fangraphs and Law don't have him in the top 100.   Strange.    

Joey Ortiz doesn't make the top 100 here.   Surprising.

I think once you get outside the top 20 or so they really become almost interchangeable. It does seem like our guys are more "all over the place" than they have been previous year, particularly Cowser. 2022 is going to be a big make or break year for him. 

11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think once you get outside the top 20 or so they really become almost interchangeable. It does seem like our guys are more "all over the place" than they have been previous year, particularly Cowser. 2022 is going to be a big make or break year for him. 

Maybe 2023 will be.

As fans, we'll start to gain the view how many reps Cowser gets as games begin.

As an unofficial Cowser Opening Day enthusiast (sorry, whoever the "starting DH" is), that admittedly longshot scenario relies on him going Jake Fox on the Grapefruit League.

More practically, It may be an interesting prop if his MLB debut falls closer to the Adley Anniversary or the Gunnar Anniversary - Cowser's next 250 PA obviously affect that too.

The multiverses were things really go right - even without trades the 2023 Orioles by the 2nd half get to enjoy the talents of Cowser and Means, and maybe even Kjerstad/Mayo if they prove a cut above all the world's Norbys, Westburgs and Ortizes.

Establish yourself quickly, Kyle Stowers.