Prospects Live Top 100

Mooreisbetter27

50 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Those are two different things.

I suppose it's natural for fanbases to White Knight their team's prospects.

We didn’t white night Cowser.  5 outlets had him between 30-41.  Two didn’t have him in their top 100.  It’s a fair question as to the huge discrepancy.  I doubt you even have a top ten Oriole list.  Instead of discussing the lists you prefer to question fans level of objectivity while putting yourself out there as a disinterested 3rd party, which works for you.   Do you have any opinion of your own regarding the rankings?

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Cowser's last 17 games at Norfolk.

79 PA

67 AB

20 hits (.298 Avg)

7 doubles

4 home runs  (11 of 20 hits for xbases)

8 walks

16 strikeouts (20.2%)

.641 slugging percentage

.417 OBP

I don't think Cowser is given enough credit for how he kept on improving as the year wore on.

I was happy with how Cowser ended his AAA season, but it doesn’t change the miserable start he had.  By contrast, Henderson, Westburg, Ortiz and Norby seemed to have no problem adjusting whatsoever.  So, that’s the reason for some reservations.  However, I think Cowser can erase those within the first month of the 2023 season with a solid start.  

Let's just get one thing straight, I took EVERYTHING into consideration when I placed him where I did. It's a credit to the guys above him that they are above him, not that there is something wrong with Cowser.

It's typical posters who like to take pot shots at me and my evaluations who want to say Cowser wasn't given credit for anything. 

I'm ok with it though. Everyone is entitled to disagree and create their own rankings and the best point of all is the new season is a little more than a month away. 

As I said, Cowser has the "most likely" outcome as a major league regular. That's pretty darn good.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Let's just get one thing straight, I took EVERYTHING into consideration when I placed him where I did. It's a credit to the guys above him that they are above him, not that there is something wrong with Cowser.

It's typical posters who like to take pot shots at me and my evaluations who want to say Cowser wasn't given credit for anything. 

I'm ok with it though. Everyone is entitled to disagree and create their own rankings and the best point of all is the new season is a little more than a month away. 

As I said, Cowser has the "most likely" outcome as a major league regular. That's pretty darn good.

I don’t think anyone took pot shots at you.  They were discussing the people who do the national lists.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We didn’t white night Cowser.  5 outlets had him between 30-41.  Two didn’t have him in their top 100.  It’s a fair question as to the huge discrepancy.  I doubt you even have a top ten Oriole list.  Instead of discussing the lists you prefer to question fans level of objectivity while putting yourself out there as a disinterested 3rd party, which works for you.   Do you have any opinion of your own regarding the rankings?

It's Knight guy.

white-knight.jpeg

My list would be:

1. Gunnar Henderson

2. Grayson Rodriguez

3. Jackson Holliday

4. D.L. Hall

5. Joey Ortiz

6. Coby Mayo

7. Colton Cowser

8. Jordan Westburg

9. Connor Norby

10. Dylan Beavers

But that list is garbage because I'm just regurgitating what I've read and applying worthless gut feelings.

Huge dropoff after the first three.

But you wanted it, so you got it.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think anyone took pot shots at you.  They were discussing the people who do the national lists.  

There is always one person that does, but I don't really care, I'm used to it. At the end of the day, a poster said he doesn't think people took a hot streak into consideration but that's just not true.

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Cowser's last 17 games at Norfolk.

79 PA

67 AB

20 hits (.298 Avg)

7 doubles

4 home runs  (11 of 20 hits for xbases)

8 walks

16 strikeouts (20.2%)

.641 slugging percentage

.417 OBP

I don't think Cowser is given enough credit for how he kept on improving as the year wore on.

It's very encouraging that he made adjustments that turned into success at every level he's played.  

19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My list would be:

1. Gunnar Henderson

2. Grayson Rodriguez

3. Jackson Holliday

4. D.L. Hall

5. .....

But that list is garbage because I'm just regurgitating what I've read and applying worthless gut feelings.

My only very small disagreement is that I'd put the "huge" drop off after DL Hall, not Holliday.  Hall has incredibly nasty stuff.  If harnessed (I know, "IF") he could be great complement to Grayson Rodriguez.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

My only very small disagreement is that I'd put the "huge" drop off after DL Hall, not Holliday.  Hall has incredibly nasty stuff.  If harnessed (I know, "IF") he could be great complement to Grayson Rodriguez.

Sure.

My thinking is that his chance to reach that ceiling is low enough that it pulls him out of the top tier.

• Upvote 1

It's Knight guy.

white-knight.jpeg

My list would be:

1. Gunnar Henderson

2. Grayson Rodriguez

3. Jackson Holliday

4. D.L. Hall

5. Joey Ortiz

6. Coby Mayo

7. Colton Cowser

8. Jordan Westburg

9. Connor Norby

10. Dylan Beavers

I like it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen @Can_of_corn put out a list before. Next thing you know he’ll be throwing out trade predictions. 

It's Knight guy.

white-knight.jpeg

My list would be:

1. Gunnar Henderson

2. Grayson Rodriguez

3. Jackson Holliday

4. D.L. Hall

5. Joey Ortiz

6. Coby Mayo

7. Colton Cowser

8. Jordan Westburg

9. Connor Norby

10. Dylan Beavers

Also, a very fair list. Every system would have a big drop off after the first three. The #1 prospect in MLB. The player that was the #1 pitching prospect in MLB before his injury last year, and last year’s #1 overall pick. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen @Can_of_corn put out a list before. Next thing you know he’ll be throwing out trade predictions. 

What are you talking about?  I'm like the only person that uses the bulleted list option.

I will say that any trade prediction I would make would also be garbage and I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What are you talking about?  I'm like the only person that uses the bulleted list option.

I will say that any trade prediction I would make would also be garbage and I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

Pretty much every Orioles trade prediction or free agent prediction is garbage.   How many times did we hear anyone on this site, or any of the pundits out there, mention Gibson, Frazier, Givens, McCann or Lyles as a potential acquisition at any time before it happened?  But we sure heard a whole lot about other proposed moves that never happened.