Advertising on jerseys

eddie83

2 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I would prefer if they did not do this, but at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me.  This is just the way the world is going.

Now, I fully expect the Angeloses to happily pocket all the money they earn from this, and not put any of it back into improving the team.  But again, such is life as an Oriole fan under the Angelos regime. 

I hear you. I agree.  Not going to stop it though. 

Maybe it will be SuperSports Book. 

Yeah. A stadium is like having a billboard in a city. A uni patch is a 3 hour television advertisement. Plus, replay clips all over the internet and TV. 17 million is about what a football stadium costs annually. Bet NFL goes this route next after seeing that number.

And, I apparently don't know how to quote someone lol. 

Edited by oh-wee-ohs
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like it's  "National  Hey,  Let's **** Up A Perfectly Nice MLB Jersey Day."

It's odd that they're announcing these all on the same day.  

D-back was yesterday but I am not at all surprised they are dropping a bunch of these at once, almost as if they were colluding.

5 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Yeah. A stadium is like having a billboard in a city. A uni patch is a 3 hour television advertisement. Plus, replay clips all over the internet and TV. 17 million is about what a football stadium costs annually. Bet NFL goes this route next after seeing that number.

And, I apparently don't know how to quote someone lol. 

How many times do they name the stadium during the course of a game?