ACC Thread

YardBirds13

Miami is done in my opinion. Terps should be in if they win at Virginia. Va Tech will have their hands full at FSU, they could be in trouble despite playing well hosting Duke and Carolina these past few days.

You don't think the Terps need to win 1 in the ACC tourney?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Terps COULD be in if the beat UVA and lose in the ACC Tourney. Some other teams bomb, every thing goes right in the little conference tournies, etc.

That said, it would be a LONG, LONG wait if they don't win their first round ACC Tourney game.

Agree Miami is done. They just had nobody to play with McClinton. Too bad.

Tech needs the game at FSU too. We could be looking at 6 in the ACC, 7 if MD takes care of business, 8 if Tech comes up big.

Sickened.

Miami may not be done. Gotta beat NC State this weekend, obviously.

If they do that, it puts them in an 8-9 matchup with either MD or VT.

Win that ACC Tourney Game and they certainly have a chance. Probably still outside looking in, but who knows.

Miami may not be done. Gotta beat NC State this weekend, obviously.

If they do that, it puts them in an 8-9 matchup with either MD or VT.

Win that ACC Tourney Game and they certainly have a chance. Probably still outside looking in, but who knows.

Sickened.

The ACC tourney:

Posted from another site:

Thursday, March 12

No. 8 Virginia Tech vs. No. 9 Miami, Noon (Raycom)

No. 5 Clemson vs. No. 12 Georgia Tech, 2:30 p.m. (Raycom)

No. 7 Maryland vs. No. 10 NC State, 7:00 p.m. (ESPN2)

No. 6 Boston College vs. No. 11 Virginia, 9:30 p.m. (Raycom)

Friday, March 13

Game No. 5: No. 1 North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech/Miami winner, Noon (Raycom/ESPN2)

Game No. 6: No. 4 Florida State vs. Clemson/Georgia Tech winner, 2:30 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN2)

Game No. 7: No. 2 Wake Forest vs. Maryland/NC State winner, 7:00 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN2)

Game No. 8: No. 3 Duke vs. Boston College/Virginia winner, 9:30 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN2)

Saturday, March 14

Game No. 9: ACC Semifinals, 1:30 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN) Game

No. 10 - ACC Semifinals, 4:00 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN)

Sunday, March 15

Game No. 11 - Championship Game, 1:00 p.m. (Raycom/ESPN)

Ty Lawson questionable for the ACC tournament; reported on ESPN bottom line.

He's not playing and Va Tech is up by three. Half the Tarheels in my office are whining, the other half are bragging about how it doesn't matter because they're going to be the #1 overall seed anyway. Hopefully that means they get a date with my Retrievers after UMBC beats Binghamton and then wins the play-in game (pretty sure that's where they'll be going since their overall record will be .500 if they win tomorrow).

He's not playing and Va Tech is up by three. Half the Tarheels in my office are whining, the other half are bragging about how it doesn't matter because they're going to be the #1 overall seed anyway. Hopefully that means they get a date with my Retrievers after UMBC beats Binghamton and then wins the play-in game (pretty sure that's where they'll be going since their overall record will be .500 if they win tomorrow).

As a Tarheel I must say that I'm surprised that your co workers are acting that way. Coach Smith frowned upon bragging and anything like it. Very disappointing to hear that.

Good to see UNC hold on. This should burst the Hokie's bubble (sorry VT fans). If MD can get a win tonight (big IF, I know), I like their chances of getting in.

Yeah, we're done. Too many games we couldn't finish, for one reason or another. Playing great for 38 minutes isn't enough, you have to get the Ws when it comes down to it.

Disappointing, I think we have the talent to make the NCAA. But you have to win the games on the court. Xavier beats us with a halfcourt shot. BC beats us with a put-back at the buzzer when we don't box out. FSU beats us when we set up and get the open look we want but AD Vasallo misses. Wisconsin beats us at the buzzer. Two close losses to UNC, one not decided until the buzzer. Close loss to Duke. Blown 15 point lead vs Clemson.

Reverse ANY ONE of those results and I think we are probably in. But we didn't get it done.

I think I'll have another beer.

Yeah, we're done. Too many games we couldn't finish, for one reason or another. Playing great for 38 minutes isn't enough, you have to get the Ws when it comes down to it.

Disappointing, I think we have the talent to make the NCAA. But you have to win the games on the court. Xavier beats us with a halfcourt shot. BC beats us with a put-back at the buzzer when we don't box out. FSU beats us when we set up and get the open look we want but AD Vasallo misses. Wisconsin beats us at the buzzer. Two close losses to UNC, one not decided until the buzzer. Close loss to Duke. Blown 15 point lead vs Clemson.

Reverse ANY ONE of those results and I think we are probably in. But we didn't get it done.

I think I'll have another beer.

Kudos to you guys, you always play us tough and today was no different. Great game!

As a Tarheel I must say that I'm surprised that your co workers are acting that way. Coach Smith frowned upon bragging and anything like it. Very disappointing to hear that.

Well to be fair the person making the most noise about how they were going to be a #1 anyway went to a Division III school but his wife went to Carolina.

Archived