ACC Thread

YardBirds13

Another stellar officiating "effort" in Blacksburg.

I can't decide which call I like best - the super flop where the Dukie was actually falling backwards before ADV was within four feet of him that was, of course, a charge OR the lovely jig danced by Scheyer which was, of course, not a travel.

Or maybe I'll just be happy that VT only got nailed with SEVEN charges. I mean, really, against Duke that's a good day at the office.

Duke is the absolute king of getting calls, especially flops and walks. It's simply amazing to me why everyone is mystified that they lose on the first weekend of the NCAAT every year. It's because they don't get the 5-7 BS flop charges a game that they get in ACC play.

I hate Duke with the fire of 1,000 suns.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VT should of had the chance to tie or cut it to 1 with 18 seconds left. Scheyer traveled with the ref standing just a few feet away! :cussing:

Are you kidding me?

Duke players don't travel or commit blocking fouls.

Ask Coach K and the ACC refs. They'll fill you in.

Are you kidding me?

No chance VT lost because they shot 41% from the field or because they turned it over 19 times, right?

Or maybe because their leading scrorer had more turnovers than FGs made?

Are you kidding me?

I'm getting sick of every team that loses blaming the refs. It takes all the fun out of following the games / teams. Yeah, Scheyer walked, but 9 times out of 10 VTech's called for reaching in first. Refs didn't call that either.

There's plenty of calls every game that can go either way or are missed. Earlier in the game, Bell intentionally elbowed Singler in the head / neck. Should have been a technical called, or at least a foul, but was no call. Generally the calls even out, and there's not some grand conspiracy by all of the refs to make sure one team wins.

VTech played great in the second half and had an amazing comeback but just came up a little short. Fans should spend their time applauding their effort, not whining about the refs. Next game.

No chance VT lost because they shot 41% from the field or because they turned it over 19 times, right?

Don't spin this into me complaining that the refs cost VT the game. I will freely admit that Duke is the better team. There is no question that Duke's talent exceeds VT's talent. I'll even freely admit that Duke outplayed us today for much of the game and deserved a W.

I would LOVE, however, for a Duke fan, just one, to admit that they get the benefit of the doubt from the refs in just about EVERY ACC game that they play.

There is no way that you can not call a walk on Scheyer at the end of the game. Just no way. The ref is literally four feet away watching Scheyer's pivot foot move THREE times.

And there is no way that you can call charges when the defender flops before the contact. Yet this happens over and over when Duke plays.

And, quite frankly, it pisses me every time I see it, no matter who Duke is playing against.

And I sincerely believe that this hurts Duke in the NCAAT because all of a sudden they have to play 5-on-5 with neutral officiating and, next thing you know, the Belmonts and VCUs of the world take them to the wire.

I'm getting sick of every team that loses blaming the refs. It takes all the fun out of following the games / teams. Yeah, Scheyer walked, but 9 times out of 10 VTech's called for reaching in first. Refs didn't call that either.

There's plenty of calls every game that can go either way or are missed. Earlier in the game, Bell intentionally elbowed Singler in the head / neck. Should have been a technical called, or at least a foul, but was no call. Generally the calls even out, and there's not some grand conspiracy by all of the refs to make sure one team wins.

VTech played great in the second half and had an amazing comeback but just came up a little short. Fans should spend their time applauding their effort, not whining about the refs. Next game.

Again, we deserved to lose.

Also again, Duke benefits from officiating every time they step on the floor in the ACC, no matter who it is against, with the possible exception of UNC. Any neutral observer can see this time and time again.

Again, we deserved to lose.

Also again, Duke benefits from officiating every time they step on the floor in the ACC, no matter who it is against, with the possible exception of UNC. Any neutral observer can see this time and time again.

Oh, i admit they get the B.O.D...They do because they are a well coached, great program that does things the right way...Lots of the top schools, teams and individual players get calls.

That being said, the neutral observer is also usually someone who doesn't know what they hell they are talking about(not saying you are in this category).

Many times when the fans in the stand are yelling foul, they are dead wrong..They have no idea.

Sure, there are terrible, obvious calls that are missed..Hell, Duke may have 4 NC had the refs called the obvious foul on Boozer when JWill missed the FTs and Boozer got the board and went for the put back...They didn't call that one.

It happens..It sucks but instead of whining about it every game, you move on.

And, as OrioleFan8 pointed out, refs miss calls all the time...At home we have the benefit of seeing the game at a higher angle and in slow motion if needs be...The refs don't.

7 of those turnovers were charges and several of those were not charges. They had more than the BOD today. The officiating was pretty bad.

In particular was the charge on ADV mentioned earlier and the offensive foul on Malcom Delaney on the dribble hand-off. That was a terrible call.

Duke is the absolute king of getting calls, especially flops and walks. It's simply amazing to me why everyone is mystified that they lose on the first weekend of the NCAAT every year. It's because they don't get the 5-7 BS flop charges a game that they get in ACC play.

Was that you posting on techsidelines;)?

Oh boo hoo.

Just because the Hoyas lost doesn't mean you have to get all sour in this thread.

I always root against the Terps, well I really don't hate UMD but Vasquez has talked too much trash about Mason and Gtown in the past as Caner-Medley did so I can't pull for the Terps until Vasquez is gone.

Guess my quick go Wake did sound it bit too sour, sorry.

I always root against the Terps' date=' well I really don't hate UMD but Vasquez has talked too much trash about Mason and Gtown in the past as Caner-Medley did so I can't pull for the Terps until Vasquez is gone.

Guess my quick go Wake did sound it bit too sour, sorry.[/quote']

Haha. No big deal man. I was just giving you a hard time since you posted your Hoyas thing, and then right after that you type "Go WF".

:)

Rough 24 hours for the ACC Bubble:

Terps lose to Wake last night.

BC loses at NC State tonight.

Tech loses to Carolina tonight.

Miami is down at Georgia Tech right now.

Jeeze.

Miami is done in my opinion. Terps should be in if they win at Virginia. Va Tech will have their hands full at FSU, they could be in trouble despite playing well hosting Duke and Carolina these past few days.

Archived