The Dynamic Duo: Get Used to It!

Frobby

Roch used the term “Dynamic Duo” to describe the performance of Rutschman and Rodriguez today.  Love it!

===

Rutschman hit a long home run to left field, put his gear on and went to work - catching one of baseball’s top pitching prospects, guiding the right-hander through his first spring training start.

The stuff he really enjoys doing. A collaboration that Orioles fans have craved for years.

“Anytime you know he’s back there, you know it’s going to be a good game,” Rodriguez said. “I think he knows me better than myself. I’ve learned in the past not to shake him.”

Rodriguez said something later that should make the rest of the league quiver.

“We worked on some things this offseason and so far into spring training, so right now my stuff’s better than it was last year,” he said.

===

Leadoff hitter Akil Baddoo was called out on strikes on 98.4 mph sinker, one pitch after taking a 98.9 four-seamer that missed the zone. Spencer Torkelson lined to right field and Javier Báez grounded out. All of it done in 10 pitches.

Austin Meadows drew a four-pitch walk in the second, but Miguel Cabrera grounded into a 4-6-3 double play on a 98.7 mph heater and former Orioles infielder Tyler Nevin grounded out.

“He looked really good,” Rutschman said. “He was able to command his stuff and just do what he does, so it was cool to see him go out there on a big stage and do it.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/rodriguez-and-rutschman-prove-to-be-dynamic-duo-against-detroit

I like that Grayson Rodriguez faced Miguel Cabrera.    Its certainly exciting to consider the chance Grayson might be done with his Norfolk uniform forever.

One thing I heard recently that boosts my hope for the OD roster was the detail that once you are there, you are eligible to earn your Club a bonus pick, even if you do not stay up all year.     It'd certainly be ballsy for Elias if he hit a tired arm or some such in June.

Competing cutthroat for the league's 6th best record, I'll grant there's no functional difference to hoping the roster is not hindered by "tired Joey Krehbiel" any given day, or "tired Grayson Rodriguez" any given week to 10 days.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Roch used the term “Dynamic Duo” to describe the performance of Rutschman and Rodriguez today.  Love it!

===

Rutschman hit a long home run to left field, put his gear on and went to work - catching one of baseball’s top pitching prospects, guiding the right-hander through his first spring training start.

The stuff he really enjoys doing. A collaboration that Orioles fans have craved for years.

“Anytime you know he’s back there, you know it’s going to be a good game,” Rodriguez said. “I think he knows me better than myself. I’ve learned in the past not to shake him.”

Rodriguez said something later that should make the rest of the league quiver.

“We worked on some things this offseason and so far into spring training, so right now my stuff’s better than it was last year,” he said.

===

Leadoff hitter Akil Baddoo was called out on strikes on 98.4 mph sinker, one pitch after taking a 98.9 four-seamer that missed the zone. Spencer Torkelson lined to right field and Javier Báez grounded out. All of it done in 10 pitches.

Austin Meadows drew a four-pitch walk in the second, but Miguel Cabrera grounded into a 4-6-3 double play on a 98.7 mph heater and former Orioles infielder Tyler Nevin grounded out.

“He looked really good,” Rutschman said. “He was able to command his stuff and just do what he does, so it was cool to see him go out there on a big stage and do it.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/rodriguez-and-rutschman-prove-to-be-dynamic-duo-against-detroit

The Tigers' radio announcers were super impressed with Grayson today. After his first pitch to Baddoo, their reaction was "Wow!" And they continued to be impressed for the entire 2 innings he was on the mound.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

With any luck, Grayson will stay on a once every five day schedule and pitch on Sunday March 12 when I’m at the game.  Can’t wait!

I was going to start a poll as to what day Grayson will make his debut, as I live in Austin and could potentially swing up to one or two of the Rangers games. The poll was to determine which one or two games to target. I guess I don't have enough street cred on here to post a poll.

8 minutes ago, yark14 said:

I was going to start a poll as to what day Grayson will make his debut, as I live in Austin and could potentially swing up to one or two of the Rangers games. The poll was to determine which one or two games to target. I guess I don't have enough street cred on here to post a poll.

Are you getting some sort of message saying you aren't authorized?

Unless something has changed you should be able to create polls.

Did you go up to Start New Topic and then select poll?

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you getting some sort of message saying you aren't authorized?

Unless something has changed you should be able to create polls.

Did you go up to Start New Topic and then select poll?

Yes, I went to Start New Topic and selected poll.  After creating it and hitting submit, I got a red error message.